The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Recording digital with Mackie 800r ??? Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 23rd August 2007
Here for the gear

Exclamation Recording digital with Mackie 800r ???

How can i record through the digital out to a Pc with this machine http://www.mackie.com/products/800r/index.html

certainly with a special PC card but i could not find any (would like to record 8 ch @96khz)

Any suggestion of a PC card that can hook to the DB25 ???
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear

RME and Lynx - maybe others...
Old 25th August 2007
Gear Nut

Why don't you use the smux output?
http://www.kellyindustries.com/compu...g_vsl2020.html
Mout 2408

or this RME with db25: RME: Hammerfall DSPe AES-32
Old 26th August 2007
Here for the gear

Thumbs down

Wow U no what I really hate the fact that I have to buy extra gear to plug this thing to a computer ... man I certainly don't understand music companies specially at that price ...

and also U no what again I also really hate the fact that I’d be buying a computer card that will de obsolete (what is it PCI ... new motherboard won't have that anymore pretty soon)

I did this mistake once by buying and audio recording card it was and ISA … well guest what the next computer update that I did what all PCI on that motherboard … so now it is collecting dust particle every day …

Because music software keep getting bigger and faster and more demanding on the system all have to certainly keep upgrading that computer someday … stike
Old 26th August 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_asr10 View Post
Wow U no what I really hate the fact that I have to buy extra gear to plug this thing to a computer ... man I certainly don't understand music companies specially at that price ...
It's a preamp with digital outputs, not an audio interface!!
Do you also hate the fact that when you buy a microphone you also need extra gear to record the signal?
Old 26th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_asr10 View Post

and also U no what again I also really hate the fact that I’d be buying a computer card that will de obsolete (what is it PCI ... new motherboard won't have that anymore pretty soon)

I did this mistake once by buying and audio recording card it was and ISA … well guest what the next computer update that I did what all PCI on that motherboard … so now it is collecting dust particle every day …

Because music software keep getting bigger and faster and more demanding on the system all have to certainly keep upgrading that computer someday … stike
i have this unit and use it with my firewire motu 828MKII and it's brilliant, all 8 channels at 48k and i'm happy! can only do 4 at 96k with the motu but that's ok too. they do also have the audio interface option with less preamps though. the converter on the 800r is excellent, apparently the jitter is measured at 7 picoseconds on 800r and 5 picoseconds on apogee so it goes to show. i love this preamp and would buy it again.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search