The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Where to buy (discontinued) V6 IIs? Studio Monitors
Old 22nd August 2007
Gear Nut

Where to buy (discontinued) V6 IIs?

Anyone knows of any online stores that still have them in stock? I've heard of guys buying them for almost nothing but I haven't been able to find a pair anywhere. Not even ebay.
Old 22nd August 2007
Jai guru deva om

We have ONE brand new one left if you can find the other!

War
Old 22nd August 2007
Gear Nut

Thanks Warren, but due to shipping concerns I think I'd rather find a pair.

By the way, have you tried the VXT 6 yet? Is it a step up from the V6 II?

Do you think the V6 II would complement my VX-L5 nicely? Do I even need them?

I also own a pair of RP-8s, but I have to agree with your assesment that they have the disco smile eq thing going on. They sound pretty, but I find it difficult to mix on them. The VX-L5s show me things that just aren't there on the rokits. Actually the tascams let you know if you are screwing up right away, rp8s are way too forgiving, which isn't a good thing if you want to get good mixes.

As happy as I am with my tascams though, I've read so many good things about the V6 II (and no, I can't try them out, I live in Central America), that I am under the impression that they woul be a HUGE step over the VX-L5s. Would that be a fair assesment War?
Old 22nd August 2007
Gear Nut

Oh, another question Warren, how would you rate the v6 IIs vs the Hs80m. I've been offered a brand new pair of Hs80ms for $400. Do you feel they have scooped mids like the rp8?
Old 22nd August 2007
Jai guru deva om

The V6 II are a huge step over the Tascam.

The HS80M are nice, yes they do suffer some of the mid scoop of an 8" speaker but not NEAR what those Rokit 8 RP8 speakers have! The Yamaha are a pretty good balance. The KRK V6 II (many 6" actually) are going to do a better job of delivering a more balanced sound with the mids nice and present.

War
Old 24th August 2007
Gear Nut

Thank you vere much Warren. You are the man.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search