The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anyone solve this interface Dilema? PLEASE! Mixers (Digital)
Old 21st August 2007
Gear Head

Anyone solve this interface Dilema? PLEASE!

Hi all,

Ok so i have Mackie 24/96 with 3 adat i/o cards and i have a pc that currently has a tascam fw1884.
I want to use at least 12 tracks at a time on the Mackie so the tascam wont cut it.
I also what to have a set up that dos'nt require a lot (none if possible) patching.

So i am waiting and waiting for what i can see as the only solution the Mackie 1200F but its still not out and i can't wait any longer !!
They really are taking the dfegad!
It has 12 mic pres,2 sets of adat i/o for the mackie and firewire for the pc so it seems perfect if it was available.

Is there any other solution similar that anyone knows of? even two units that will work together to give required number of inputs and routing as the 1200F. I dont want nor can affoard the mackie D8B.

cheers for any help.
Bryan.
Old 30th August 2007
Gear Head

bump
Old 30th August 2007
Lives for gear

If you mean 12 tracks over ADAT, an RME Fireface800 will do that (has 2 ADAT ports). If you need 12 tracks over ADAT at 96kHz however, the only firewire solution would be the M-Audio Lightbridge as it has 4 ADAT ports (you'd need 3).
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search