The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Event 20/20 S250 Subwoofer Studio Monitors
Old 20th August 2007
Lives for gear

Event 20/20 S250 Subwoofer

Does anyone here use the Event S250 Sub in their monitoring chain? If so, how do you like it?

I have the chance to pick one up, but a quick google search doesn't turn up much. It seems like info/reviews are scarce.

My monitors currently consist of Yamaha HS10m's and M-Audio BX5a's. Ironically I have a pair of Event 20/20 passives that I'm looking to unload ...not necessarily because I didn't like them, but I prefer active monitors and got a good deal on the Yammies.

Would the Event sub compiment my current set-up? Any help/advice would be mucho appreciated.
Old 20th August 2007
Gear Nut

Argh. I don't have one but I've been looking for one forever! I have a pair of Event PS6s that this sub would complement perfectly. If you decide to pass, please let me know, I would love to grab this.
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebec View Post
Argh. I don't have one but I've been looking for one forever! I have a pair of Event PS6s that this sub would complement perfectly. If you decide to pass, please let me know, I would love to grab this.
Well I got the sub and it's definitely a low-end monster. However, I'm thinking the 15" woofer might be overkill for my small, untreated room. (I know...treat the room first, upgrade equipment later. However, I have major G.A.S. and can't help myself). heh

Cebec, if you're interested, let me know. Although shipping might be outrageous depending on where you are located...it weighs about 65 pounds.
Old 24th August 2007
Gear Nut

Hi,
I'm still interested. Where are you located? My zip code is 20166. My room is partially treated with bass traps but it could use more. However, I've been searching for an S250 for years.
Matt
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

You're not too far from me. I'm in the Philly, PA area. I can get a shipping quote for you if you want. PM me...
Old 12th November 2008
db2
Gear Head

Are either of you still using this sub? How much did it cost to ship it if so?
Old 12th November 2008
Down to 28 Hz +/1 3 dB... that's some relatively serious bass. Low pedal on a lot of pipe organs.
Old 13th November 2008
db2
Gear Head

I haven't seen too many of these around. I'm looking for a sub to pair with my Event 20/20bas monitors.
Old 27th October 2009
Lives for gear

I just got one and it complements my Project Studio 8's nicely!!
Old 27th October 2009
db2
Gear Head

Anyone know what these are going for used? Haven't looked in a while. How hard are they to locate?
Old 6th January 2010
Here for the gear

Event 20/20 Subwoofer

Heyo, I've got an event 20/20 subwoofer. It's in top shape and rumbles the intestines, but I'm modifying my set up and no longer need it. Let me know if you're still interested as I know they're hard to find!
Old 6th January 2010
Lives for gear

Hello, I have one, while the box, speaker and filtering crossover electronics are all fine, the power amp section itself is not so great.

I have moded mine to go out after the audio board to an external yamaha power amp, then back in to the speaker, its much better.
Old 10th February 2010
Gear Maniac
Smile Buy Event 20/20 sub

Hello,

My Event 20/20 sub 250S speaker died. So I either fix or repalce it. Anyone selling the whole or the parts? I am in the Tampa FL area.
Old 10th February 2010
Lives for gear

I have the S100 Event sub, which is bloody useless as it has no crossover.

I hope the S250 is better!

Jim
Old 19th February 2010
Gear Maniac
Need Advice

Hello,

Does anyone know if the 15” driver for the Event 20/20 S250 subwoofer is 4 ohm or 8 ohm?

What driver would be a good replacement?
Old 19th January 2012
Here for the gear

selling my event 20/20 15" subwoofer. perfect working condition for $275

Please email me or call me [email protected] or call me at 209 221 3456
Selling for $275
Old 24th February 2012
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstpfunding View Post
Please email me or call me [email protected] or call me at 209 221 3456
Selling for $275
I hope somebody took you up on this!

Seventh
Old 11th September 2012
Gear Head

I'm selling a perfect condition Event S250 (250watt, 15" sub) from Sacramento. hit me up
Old 11th September 2012

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search