The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Critique my no overdub Recording. I think it would qualify as low end? maybe?
Old 20th August 2007
Critique my no overdub Recording. I think it would qualify as low end? maybe?

My band just finished recording a 10 song demo.

Through the link you will find four of the ten songs that were recorded.

There is also a link in the blog section of the Demo/Recording Process which states what chains I used. If you have anymore questions regarding the process, just let me know and I'm sure I'll have an answer for you.

I posted before without much response and I'm thinking maybe it needed a title change or something.

The goal we have is to either keep these tracks and sell it for $5 as a demo. Or completely re-record everything to a metronome and fill it up with good production ideas and what not - and really focus on tightness and groove. This was basically a practice where we decided to record well.

As of right now, our keyboard player plays the bass synth along with the rhythm and lead lines on a Nord Electro and a Fender Rhodes. Then for the song where he plays violin, there is no bass or keys.

I think it all works out real well, Lemme know what YOU think!

I also posted this in another section, not sure how kosher that is. I could always delete this post if it's not cool.

I'd just like to get as many perspectives as possible. THANK YOU!
Old 21st August 2007
Here for the gear

Only had time to listen to Pulse. I dig it. I don't know my low end from your high end, but it sounds decent to me and I suspect the better part of that is a really nice performance and a very pretty arrangement. The only thing that jumped way out at me was the vocal sits a bit funny in the mix---it's a little loud and there's something a bit piercing about it. I like the character of the voice a lot, just not how it's sitting in this mix. I could also use a bit more bass and kick, and more bottom on the mix as a whole. But like I said, I dig it. A lot actually.

n

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search