The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Speaking of CHEEP! Condenser Microphones
Old 20th August 2007
Lives for gear

Speaking of CHEEP!

I don't know if this is some kind of website glitch, but I just spent 12 bucks on dumb stuff and got free mo pads, monitor stands, two pop filters as "free gifts" that's right, order a mic clip and get a free microphone too. If anyone's interested, here's the link. Look for the free gifts beside the items.

Musician's Friend - Search Results
Old 20th August 2007
Lives for gear

Wow, you rule!
Old 20th August 2007
That is insane!
Gear for 'in a pinch' situations.
Mahalo!!!!!!!
Old 20th August 2007
Gear Addict

Likely a glitch, although what the hell I bought two cheap harmonicas for the monitor stands. Good thing I also needed to get a phantom power unit.
Old 20th August 2007
Gear Maniac

thanks for the heads up....most of the free stuff were purchases I was just putting off

now is the perfect time!

thanks again.
Old 20th August 2007
Lives for gear

you rock!
Old 20th August 2007
Lives for gear

i just got 2 harmonicas as well...along with 350 fender picks!
Old 20th August 2007
Lives for gear

i had to say **** it, and get the mic clip w/ the AKG mic also

i think MF is just trying to get rid of a bunch of overstock **** they have sitting around...which is fine by me!

eh....it looks like some of the stuff is GONE - like the auralex pads, and the AKG mic

but, i'm still getting some monitor stands for $5, so i can't complain
Old 20th August 2007
Lives for gear

Has anyone actually received these free gifts yet? They don't actually show up in the shopping cart.

What if it IS just a glitch.......?
Old 20th August 2007
Lives for gear

some of the gifts show up....some don't

i filled my cart with stuff that says it includes the gifts....then saved a screenshot of my cart for the items that actually listed the free gift in case they try to bull**** their awy out of it later

i'm kind of miffed though, because when i went to complete my transaction, it didn't actually say it went through - it just went to a screen that said "your cart is empty"

???
Old 20th August 2007
UPDATE!!!

The monitor stands won't ship with harmonicas and they will not honor it.

Just spoke with them on the phone...

They need to fix it or honor it.
Old 20th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
They need to fix it or honor it.
umm...how about they honor it?

i work in retail myself, and when an item's price is mis-labeled, we have to give them the price stated. why?

BECAUSE IT'S THE LAW!
Old 20th August 2007
Lives for gear

Indeed it is the law....

Kay Chicago Blues Harmonica Key of C
1 428030 806 $2.48 $2.48

On-Stage Stands Height Adjustable Near-Field
Monitor Stand
1 994654 $0.00 $0.00

Kay Chicago Blues Harmonica Key of G
1 428030 814 $2.49 $2.49

On-Stage Stands Height Adjustable Near-Field
Monitor Stand
1 994654 $0.00 $0.00

Fender 351 Premium Celluloid Guitar Picks
Black Moto Medium
2 110556 001 118 $3.99 $7.98

CAD EPF-15A 6 Inch Flexible Pop Filter
2 994996 $0.00 $0.00

Auralex MoPad Monitor Isolation Pads
2 994061 $0.00 $0.00

Subtotal: $ 12.95
Shipping: $ 5.95 (Standard Shipping (2-5 business days))
TOTAL : $ 18.90
Old 20th August 2007
Lives for gear

they'll probably sell more harmonicas today than they have all year!

and yea, every step along the way, including my confirmation e-mail, says that the gifts are included with the items purchased.
Old 20th August 2007
Lives for gear

However, it does show all the free gifts as being "unknown, not yet processed" If they're not going to honor they're advertisement, I hope they at least call me first so I can cancel my order.

1 Key of C Kay Chicago Blues Harmonica Key of C $2.48 $2.48 Being Packed 08/20/07 11:47AM
1 On-Stage Stands Height Adjustable Near-Field Monitor Stand $0.00 $0.00 Unknown (Not Processed Yet) 08/20/07 03:00AM
1 Key of G Kay Chicago Blues Harmonica Key of G $2.49 $2.49 Being Packed 08/20/07 11:47AM
1 On-Stage Stands Height Adjustable Near-Field Monitor Stand $0.00 $0.00 Unknown (Not Processed Yet) 08/20/07 03:00AM
2 Black Moto Medium Fender 351 Premium Celluloid Guitar Picks Black Moto Medium $3.99 $7.98 Being Packed 08/20/07 11:47AM
2 CAD EPF-15A 6 Inch Flexible Pop Filter $0.00 $0.00 Unknown (Not Processed Yet) 08/20/07 03:00AM
2 Auralex MoPad Monitor Isolation Pads $0.00 $0.00 Unknown (Not Processed Yet) 08/20/07 03:00AM
Old 20th August 2007
Gear Maniac

all my freebees come up as
GIFT PRODUCT and the things I purchased come up as TO BE PICKED

I think we are ok. I just got done purchasing some stuff a while back and "UNKNOWN, NOT PROCESSED" came up for a couple days (this is not free stuff, actual items that I purchased)
Old 20th August 2007
Gear Maniac

looks like the strings are backordered

Dean Markley 2032 Blue Steel Cryogenic XL Acoustic Guitar Strings $6.99 $6.99 Backordered 08/20/07

The actual harmonicas, picks, etc are now "BEING PACKED"

but the freebies still say "GIFT PRODUCT"
Old 20th August 2007
Gear Maniac

I just called & was told that the "offer" is over.
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman714 View Post
I just called & was told that the "offer" is over.
I hope that means they're going to honor it for those who got their orders in on time.
Old 22nd August 2007
Gear Maniac

just an update:

well, first the strings and "free" headphones were emailed as backordered....then they were mysteriously "cancelled"

I called MF up and the gentlemen said that there was a big mistake and none of the free products would be shipping. I said that that was not really right as a company because people bought the items, went through the whole process, free items were on the receipt, and then they just were "cancelled"

I spoke to a "supervisor" and he replied to me, "does it sound right, you are getting a monitor stand for some picks." I replied that it should not really matter what "sounds" right...it was online and represented in that fashion. Hence the reason for the purchases.

I said to just verify if I would be getting all my order.

He said yes

"why then did the original person I spoke to say that I was not getting any of the free items"

The supervisor replied, "because he was instructed to say that and ask if you wanted to return your order" (sort of like the first line of defense for the mistake, I am guessing)

I then replied, "what about the cancelled headphones and strings"

he said, "We caught that order in time and cancelled it"

(so I am not getting all my items?)

I then only received one UPS email stating my package was 2 pounds (clearly the stands are not in there). He stated I would be getting them, but I have a feeling that I am not.

Just wanted to update this thread. I cannot believe a huge company like this would

a) never even attempt to contact the purchaser about a "mistake" and just cancel their order.

b) not do the right thing and honor what they had for sale.

I wonder what the law states for something like this.

Has anybody else had any dealings with MF concerning the free gifts after you made the purchase?
Old 22nd August 2007
Gear Addict

I saw this thread and ordered a bunch of stuff right away ($33.40 worth) via paypal. I got an email from MF with a confirmed order, a notice about the strings and headphones shipping, and that the rest was back ordered. This morning I have received a refund in Paypal for the full amount, but no explanation as to why. I am looking for some follow up email from MF to notify me as to why this is. I do not know if I will receive what was shipped or nothing at all based on this.

I think if the issue were pushed, they would have to honor their agreement. Had this been a retail store, say a gas price was listed as .65 cents on the sign and the pumps were actually set to .65 cents - of course people would be lined up. As soon as the company realized the mistake, they have the option of updating the price and changing the pumps to charge a more appropriate amount. But they shouldn't be allowed to take the gas out of my tank as I am driving away, right? The transaction is done. Take the loss and retain your integrity as a company. I think you will get more customers in the end because of it.

This was the first thing I ever bought from musician's friend. I was ready to purchase more stuff since I now have an account there. Let's see how they handle this. That will determine if I ever buy any more stuff.

Anyone else who got in on this, you might want to check your Paypal account this morning if that is how you paid for it.

Scott
Old 22nd August 2007
Gear Maniac

Maby Musicians Friend was hacked? It did seem like a "too good to be true" deal.
Old 22nd August 2007
Lives for gear

Same thing here. I almost feel bad for notifying you guys.
Old 22nd August 2007
Lives for gear

Well I also just noticed my order was cancelled. However, I paid via PayPal and my account has yet to be credited. Weak!
Old 22nd August 2007
Here for the gear

I ordered the mic clips and some Vic Firth drumsticks.....Offer was free AKG mics and a ream of 50 CD-R's respectively......I called to confirm the order went through, and was told their policy on free items was that those free items can be "changed" or "cancelled" at any time....I think this is a bunch of crap.....I totally agree with the "65 cent gas" analogy.....they should have honored this "mistake".

I cancelled my order (which included $200 of other gear I was planning to buy anyway), went to zzounds.com, and placed my order there. Musician's Friend lost my business (at least on this purchase).
Old 22nd August 2007
Gear Maniac

it was not hacked. They admitted to an error. But say for an example, it could of been a huge fire sale.

The point is that it is not up to the consumer to figure out what should be or should not be. It was for sale..period.

When the price tag on a sweater says $20 and it should go for $40, does the company not let you buy it? or better yet, take it away from you after you bought it?

no...they sell it to you for the amount on the price tag.

I called back and they said that I CALLED IN and cancelled my order, which of course, I did not.

I am a little bitter with the company because I waited 6 weeks for a desk to be shipped, only to find out that it came to my house in pieces. I asked them to ship another out asap, since I was pretty patient with the first. They said that they had to wait until they receive the first one back. Then, it would be another 2-3 weeks before they ship another.

I think I am officially done with them.
Old 22nd August 2007
Here for the gear

I hate to make this my first post here, but I ran across this thread after lurking about the forum for awhile.

I also placed an order a couple days ago and thought I was getting some nice freebies. Here's the email I just got:

Dear Customer,

Due to an error on our website, you were offered free gift item(s) that
were incorrectly associated with an item(s) you recently ordered. As a
result, we have had to cancel your order. If you still wish to order
these items without the gifts items, please replace your order online or
call us at 800-3****8762.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
We appreciate you choosing Musician's Friend.
Old 22nd August 2007
Gear Addict

I just got this email:

"Dear Customer,

Due to an error on our website, you were offered free gift item(s) that were incorrectly associated with an item(s) you recently ordered. As a result, we have had to cancel your order. If you still wish to order these items without the gifts items, please replace your order online or call us at 800-3****8762.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
We appreciate you choosing Musician's Friend."

MF now stands for something else. I won't be buying from them again.

S
Old 22nd August 2007
Gear Addict

Dang 13strigoi you beat me to it!!!!

Scott
Old 22nd August 2007
Here for the gear

Sorry!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search