The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Speaking of CHEEP! Condenser Microphones
Old 22nd August 2007
Lives for gear

That's pretty crappy of them. I had the same kind of situation happen on ebay recently. I bought something from a store, and the next day the guy called me saying he made a typo in the buy it now price, and I could either cancel the order or he'd meet me halfway on the difference. Honoring his binding contract wasn't an option to him, so I accepted a refund and left neutral feedback stating that he sold his integrity for 80 bucks. He then left me a negative stating that I "requested" a refund, and complained to ebay about the feedback I left him. So ebay erased what I wrote and let him keep his untrue statement that I requested the refund.

It's just sad how people seem to think integrity and honor doesn't apply to internet transactions.
Old 22nd August 2007
Lives for gear

Yeah!

Well GC did not lose a billion dollar lawsuit because of good morals!
Old 22nd August 2007
Lives for gear

Well I ordered a bunch of stuff from MF too when that free gift thing happened and I have not received any notice that my order was cancelled or changed. Even when I log onto their site, it says BEING PACKED or GIFT ITEM still. I don't think I'm going to call about it - I'll just wait until they ship it and raise pure bloody h*ll if my free stuff isn't included. Is that a bad idea?

Cheers!
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

Dear Customer,

Due to an error on our website, you were offered free gift item(s) that were incorrectly associated with an item(s) you recently ordered. As a result, we have had to cancel your order. If you still wish to order these items without the gifts items, please replace your order online or call us at 800-391-8762.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
We appreciate you choosing Musician's Friend.

Doh!
Old 23rd August 2007
Gear Maniac

this is interesting...
the whole time, they were telling me it shipped.
Went on UPS to track

looks like it's all coming back...they put a delivery intercept on

08/23/2007 7:11 A.M. THE DELIVERY INTERCEPT REQUEST FOR THIS PACKAGE WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED / SHIPPER REQUESTED RETURN OF PACKAGE

anybody know the legal angle on something like this?
Old 23rd August 2007
Gear Maniac

I ordered 12 pairs of hickory drumsticks last week. The box showed up last night, a box big enough for a 12 pairs, but only 1 pair in the box. I called MF and the woman I spoke with told me I was the 8th call she had that day with the exact same problem. Looks like there may be more problems lurking under the surface...

-ScottyD
Old 24th August 2007
Contrary to negative press, this has worked out 2/3 of the way for me.
The Blue Steel strings are backordered so they put the pause (actually the cancel)
on those and the 4 AKG headphones I was anticipating.
BUT, everything else that I ordered did indeed make it here this morning.
I got my 4 mic clips and 2 harmonicas.
And a pair of Monitor stands and 4 AKG mics.
I'm ready to go do a blues show.
Thanks to Einstein and Musician's Friend.
Old 24th August 2007
Gear Maniac

I've recieved this message as well. It's weird because for my order, they only canceled the free item. I guess they were still hoping to sell me some harmonicas and guitar picks. I called and asked what I would be getting in exchange since their website advertised free gifts with my order. He offered to give me a $15 dollar credit towards my next purchase... I offered to let him cancel the remainder of my order.

Dear Customer,

Due to an error on our website, you were offered free gift item(s) that were incorrectly associated with an item(s) you recently ordered. As a result, we have had to remove the following item(s) from your order:

994996 03 1 CAD EPF-15A 6IN FLEXIBLE POP FILTER KC

If you still wish to order these items without the gifts items, please replace your order online or call us at 800-391-8762. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
We appreciate you choosing Musician's Friend.
Old 25th August 2007
Here for the gear

Funny, I sent an email to customer service asking why my order was cancelled and I got this response:

Thank you for your recent inquiry.
I'm showing that the whole order (#I7788499) has been canceled. I'm showing that you requested that the whole order be canceled as of yesterday. Please feel free to contact us if you have any more questions or concerns.

So they sent me one email telling me they canceled the order and then a 2nd one telling me I canceled the order. I must have a split personality.
Old 25th August 2007
Gear Addict

I figured mine was canceled too, but came home to find two harmonicas, and only one speaker stand. Rats. Hoping the other one might come tomorrow? Anyone else only get one stand?
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear

Wow. What a huge mess...I would NEVER deal with this company.

I hope none of you guys end up worse off.
Old 25th August 2007
Gear Maniac

thats what ya'll get for being greedy... admit it, you were trying to con 'em out of goods based on a glitch, $100 monitor stands with a bag of picks... if it's all screwed up it serves you right!
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear

i also received the email stating that they were cancelling my order - but only the backordered item(i ordered a guitar strap with the mo' pads). the harmonicas said they were still being shipped...and still said they were being shipped with the stands. we'll see if they show up.

and yea, we were being greedy and trying to grab up freebies - but that's the fault of the company, not the consumer. a while back at my work, we found a couple of gas grills that had gotten lost in the stockroom somewhere. the item had been marked clearance probably 8 months prior, and was now scanning at a sale price of $27 versus the new price of almost $300.

needless to say, i came home that day with a big-ass box stuffed in the back of my car, and have been eating better ever since. did the store lose money on the sale? yea. was it a mistake that the thing ever got marked down to $27? of sorts, yes.

WAS IT ALSO THE COMPANY'S RESPONSIBILITY TO SELL THE ITEM FOR THE DISPLAYED PRICE, EVEN IF IT WAS FOR A LOSS? you bet!
Old 25th August 2007
Here for the gear

Im done with ordering from MF. They have taken 6 weeks to send me something and it still hasnt been shipped. I have called them once every week and they keep telling me its going to be shipped in a couple days. Im a pretty patient guy but im getting really pissed off and if another company had the order I want I would buy it from them instead. So after ordering this stuff I wanted to order a SM57 and a mic cable. Well I found this site that sells SM57's for 89.99 and I filled out the price match thing on zzounds and I ended up getting my SM57 for 85.99 so Im ordering from them for now on. They will match or beat any price as long as its not below the price that they payed for the item.
Old 25th August 2007
Here for the gear

Talking Git Strings .30 a set

Hi,

The other week I placed an order for various sundry items from MF (from whom Ive purchased many items the last couple of years) I ordered 4 sets (6 strings in a set) of git strings, which retail for $3.89 per set. They sent me 4 boxes of 12 sets per box (total 48 sets ), and charged me $15.56. ($171 surplus). I think they have growing pains (I know they just moved to a new, much larger warehouse), and might be in a liitle over their head.

Jimbo
Old 25th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by contempo View Post
thats what ya'll get for being greedy
No joke. People actually expecting a company to follow through on something they advertised on their website... The nerve.
Old 26th August 2007
Lives for gear

I dunno........

I've never had a problem with MF. EX: I have bought and returned products, including mics, and they never once gave an ounce of difficulty (I wasn't trying to abuse them, just trying gear).

Also, they had a sale some time back on an MBox (for a great price) and it was to come with two free mics, an AT2020 and an MXL V63M. Apparently it was a very short special (24 hours tops) and I ordered after midnight. I noticed that the price was back to normal and the free items weren't included. I called them and they seemed oblivious and couldn't find any info on the sale. Fortunately I happened to make a copy of the pages to look at. I faxed it to them and they honored it. I used the Mbox for about a year, sold it for what I paid for it and wound up with two free mics. Not exactly a steal, but not bad either.

Obviously they can't give people $250 of product + free shipping for a $2.50 item. I don't blame anyone for trying, I did as soon as I saw the topic and before I got through this thread heh. But when you find out it's off, you just have to accept it and IMO, get over it.

Be honest, if you had a $2,000 item you listed on eBay for $20.00 with buy it now and someone bought it immediately before you could change the price, would you sell it for $20? No, you'd explain the situation and take bad feedback if you had to.

I am not a MF loyalist, just my $0.02

As far as doing business with them: I try to support the local shops still left. But if MF have something I want for a price I like I'll buy it. They don't have knowledgeable salespeople, but I have always gotten what I ordered quickly and without hassle.
Old 26th August 2007
Lives for gear

They're lucky this didn't happen in the UK. Here a retailer can be fined up to £5000 PER ITEM if the seller refuses to honor the marked price. It doesn't even have to go that far, a British Trading Standard officer can levy the fines on any item labelled at a lower price than it is actually sold for. Working at a large DIY chain they pretty much hammer this into us.
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

so my harmonicas showed up yetesterday...

along with 2 shiny new speaker stands
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Got my stuff last week: monitor stands,mopads, and pop filters. Lets see what guitar center will give up for labor day
Old 29th August 2007
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilR View Post
They're lucky this didn't happen in the UK. Here a retailer can be fined up to £5000 PER ITEM if the seller refuses to honor the marked price. It doesn't even have to go that far, a British Trading Standard officer can levy the fines on any item labelled at a lower price than it is actually sold for. Working at a large DIY chain they pretty much hammer this into us.
From the BBC consumer editor... (US Law is identical...)

Quote:
Generally speaking, in contract law terms, a retailer doesn't have to sell an item at the marked price. For there to be a binding contract there has to be an offer which has been accepted. In the context of sale of goods, the offer is made by the customer when they present the goods at the payment point (if the customer offers to buy the goods at the marked price).
The cashier is then free to accept, or reject, that offer. This means that if a cashier spots that goods have been mispriced, they can reject a customer's offer to buy at the incorrect price, and offer the customer the chance to buy at the correct price.
The customer may decline or accept that offer as he or she chooses. Inevitably, retailers will make the odd mistake over pricing, but if you become aware that a certain retailer makes a regular habit of doing it, we suggest you report the retailer to the better business bureau of your local authority. In certain circumstances, misleading pricing will amount to a criminal offense, and the BBB and trading standards departments have the authority to investigate, and, if appropriate, prosecute.
BBC - Consumer - Your rights - Goods FAQs
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Nut

I buy from Americanmusical.com
Old 31st August 2007
Lives for gear

Well I guess not calling worked...
I got my monitor stands, harmonicas, picks, mopads, and pop filters today - in 6 seperate boxes. I feel kinda bad for MF actually, cause there is no way that the $5.95 shipping I paid could have covered all of that. They stuck to their end of the deal for me, though, so I will continue to spend money there in the future heh

Cheers!
-Mike
Old 31st August 2007
Lives for gear

Judging from the responses certain people got, I would bet that this thread has something to do with them making good on some orders.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search