The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Earthworks Kick Pad? Dynamic Microphones
Old 7th February 2013
Lives for gear

I guess it has to interact with the curve of the mic. Well, that's the curve running through the line out and in of a Mytek 8x192 converter so I looked at it as that's the curve of the kickpad when run completely flat. I guess you have to interpolate how it interacts with the curve of any given microphone.

Regards,
Frank
Old 7th February 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post

Yup, my suspicion is confirmed. Low and high boost with a mid cut.

Cheers
Old 7th February 2013
Gear Maniac

No need to kiss anyone's ass, but calling "bull****" or calling something a "patronizing, silly, pseudo-audio tool aimed at punters" steps over the line from saying "I don't see a use for this" to trolling. I can't tell you not to troll, but I can certainly respond to it. There's a wide gulf between kissing ass and being an asshole.

And Cheers back to you. Have a lovely day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Facta View Post
Hostile to the manufacturer? Are you serious? What is this, a marketing meeting? Are we securing a deal?

Who's ass am I supposed to kiss, exactly?

I'm sorry, I was under the impression I was on a public forum where I could express my opinion.

Cheers
Old 8th February 2013
I think this thread has served it's purpose - if you don't see the point in something fine, but the product is clearly useful to some - and it's not like it's a $2k ripoff or something. No need to get personal, or to have a go at various manufacturers for fulfilling a market need.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search