The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sonar 2xl Tempo problems
Old 15th August 2007
Gear Head

Sonar 2xl Tempo problems

In Sonar I'm having a hell of a time trying to move midi, and audio information forward in time with the tempo map staying intact. I either select all, copy, paste, delete, then paste at the new later time (like at measure 20). Everything moves except the tempo map. I also tried select all, drop and drag at the later time with the same problem. I know this might be basic but I'm stumped and grateful for any advice.

Thank you!
Old 15th August 2007
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravedigga View Post
In Sonar I'm having a hell of a time trying to move midi, and audio information forward in time with the tempo map staying intact. I either select all, copy, paste, delete, then paste at the new later time (like at measure 20). Everything moves except the tempo map. I also tried select all, drop and drag at the later time with the same problem. I know this might be basic but I'm stumped and grateful for any advice.

Thank you!
Inserting measures or time wouldn't work?

Danny
Old 16th August 2007
Gear Head

My tempo maps are all over the place. So if the song only had a few changes I could just input the times again. But my tempos are quite complicated. I need a way to copy and paste the tempo map, or move them with the rest of the tracks.
Old 16th August 2007
Lives for gear
Quote:
My tempo maps are all over the place. So if the song only had a few changes I could just input the times again. But my tempos are quite complicated. I need a way to copy and paste the tempo map, or move them with the rest of the tracks.

Sorry. I don't understand what you're trying to do.

I do often insert time and or measures at the top of a existing sequence when I'm ready to lock to tape though. This provides the preroll lock time. I use Sonar as the master. Any tempo changes I have in the seq are moved on the grid along with everything else. I wouldn't have a clue what to do IF you're trying to move the other way on the grid.

Regards,

Danny
Old 16th August 2007
Gear Head

Pianodano you rule!! I was being dense I now understand insert time/measure and what it does, it works like a CHARM. THANK YOU THANK YOU and ,,, ,,, ,,, Thank YOU!!! thumbsup
Old 16th August 2007
Lives for gear
Quote:
Pianodano you rule!! I was being dense I now understand insert time/measure and what it does, it works like a CHARM. THANK YOU THANK YOU and ,,, ,,, ,,, Thank YOU!!! thumbsup
Glad it worked. Beware of this problem though. If you insert TIME (as in HH:MM:SS) in a seq made up of accurate - on the grid measures, it will no longer be on grid and cannot be easily undone. Be sure to just insert MEASURES if possible. HTH.

Danny
Old 22nd May 2011
Gear Head

drum tempo problems sonar x1

drum kit and adictive drums plug ins sonar

the drums sound slower out of tempo if i speed tempo after a few seconds
the tempo drop down like a damaged

sound card problem? pc problems

i have dell inspiron 1525 i buyed 3 years back

i send 2 audio files of the diffeence of drums inside sonar and out
you can hear the tempo drop aout 183 speed

Last edited by mokko; 22nd May 2011 at 01:51 PM.. Reason: add file

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search