The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
RME Digi Vs Echo Layla Audio Interfaces
Old 15th August 2007
Gear Addict

RME Digi Vs Echo Layla

I don't use the analog in's on my Layla 3G PCI interface, all I do is run my Yamaha 01v's ADAT expansion output to the Echo's ADAT input and vice versa. The 01v is taking care of all of the A/D.

My question is, will I see a significant improvement in quality by using the RME Digi9636 PCI Card's ADAT in as opposed to the Echo's?
Old 16th August 2007
Gear Addict

Anyone? Will the ADAT ins on the RME Digi cards show me a significant difference over those on the Echo even though all the A/D will still be done in the 01v?
Old 16th August 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by gio.vanni View Post
Anyone? Will the ADAT ins on the RME Digi cards show me a significant difference over those on the Echo even though all the A/D will still be done in the 01v?
i would think there would be no difference, since the yamaha is still handling all the conversion. you prolly won't hear much of a difference by clocking to the rme--but i could be wrong. some people hear a night and day difference.
Old 16th August 2007
Lives for gear

I know there's quite a few people that prefer Echo interfaces to RME so I doubt there will be any difference.
Old 16th August 2007
Gear Addict

Works for me. Any idea of a way I can improve my quality on a budget? I haven't had a chance to really give this new set-up a proper run through so maybe I am just jumping to conclusions.
Old 16th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gio.vanni View Post
Works for me. Any idea of a way I can improve my quality on a budget? I haven't had a chance to really give this new set-up a proper run through so maybe I am just jumping to conclusions.

Proper run through, some say is important
Old 16th August 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acoustic Cloud View Post
Proper run through, some say is important
Hey now. What I mean by proper run through is tracking out a true session. I did my share of recording with it and it's not amazing but it should handle what I do until I can start upgrading.
Old 17th August 2007
Gear Addict

Another quick question but what should be the master clock for the Layla? Either internal (the Layla itself) or ADAT? I have been seeting it to ADAT and it seems that I am getting some glitches here and there.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search