The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Roland A/D Conversion vs. dbx A/D Conversion
Old 9th August 2007
Here for the gear

Question Roland A/D Conversion vs. dbx A/D Conversion

Hi All,

I posted the following over in the E-Harmony recording forums and got completely ignored, so I'm hoping the folks in this forum are somewhat kinder and gentler or more knowledgable. At the very least if I'm going to be ignored, I'm hoping it's by a completely different crew here than did so over there. But I digress...

So for starters, I'm recording on a setup that probably would have been considered state of the art about nine or ten years ago...

I have a VS-1680 and I'm looking to buy a dbx DDP for compression/limiting/gating on vocals. I know this is not an especially great module, however, it has the advantage of being fairly cheap for all the things that it does.

Anyway, long story short, I'm debating whether to also buy the optional dbx DIO card that can be inserted into the DDP. So my question to the forum is, which is better: the A/D converters built into the VS-1680 or the dbx DIO?

In other words should I go Analog into the VS-1680 or should I go direct digital into the 1680?

Thanks for any help or replies!

Treadstone71

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search