Holiday shop via this link to support the forum!
LiquidMix with Digi 002R and MacBook
Old 28th July 2007
Lives for gear
LiquidMix with Digi 002R and MacBook

I'm considering the LiquidMix but I was wondering how to connect it to. I currently run my 002R directly into the MacBook firewire port, but where would I connect the LiquidMix since the MacBook only has one firewire port? I going need to get an external hard-drive, how does that connection work (I just started using the MacBook after using a PC Desktop for a year). Please clarify this for me!
Old 24th December 2007
Gear Maniac
did you ever get an answer to this? If you bought a LM and use it with your 002r and a macbook how did you connect it? if you daisy chained it off the 002r how does it run?
Old 27th September 2009
Gear Head

just curious if anyone has had similar experience with the liquidmix and a soundcard (whether digi 002 or other) on a macbook or macbook Pro.

I have a an aging powerpc g5 and I don't think I'll be able to get another mac pro, so mac book might be the only way to move to logic 9.
Old 27th September 2009
Lives for gear

I doubt anything daisy-chained to a LM will run nicely. The unit or the mac aren't to blame, but since the interface and the LM both use FW 400, the amount of data running through a single connection exceeds the bandwidth of the Firewire bus. Could work with a few instances, but I'd suppose you would reach the limit pretty fast.
Old 28th September 2009
Gear Addict

I have a 003 connected to a PCI firewire port on my PC - I have a spare firewire slot on the PCI card and wondering if anyone has managed to run a Liquid Mix (or liquid mix 16) + 003/002 off the same firewire card?!
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search