The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What sales are you Low Enders jumping on this Turkey Day?
Old 20th November 2020
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Old 23rd November 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac660 View Post
What's the regular price for Soothe 2? I am seeing it for $219.
I can´t find the email now but they are offering 50% discount for the next weekend I think. That´s the regular price so it will be half from that. I´m going for Spiff, btw!
Old 23rd November 2020
Here for the gear

I´m going for sure for Sonarworks and the bundle from SIR Audio Tools with the reverb and StandardClip, which are coming now to a ridiculous price. Happy days this years BF!
Old 23rd November 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear
Jlast.
Great comment!!!
Old 25th November 2020
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Waves Black Friday worth it?
Old 26th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlessDinosaur View Post
In years past my local mom and pop music store has done 57's and 58's for 50 bucks with a limit of one per customer. Hopefully they will do that again this year.
That's insane. Even in the 80s and 90s they would be 89 and 99 with a $10 rebate at the cheapest
Old 26th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by goom View Post
Waves Black Friday worth it?
I just picked up Horizon at a really good upgrade price, so I guess I think it's worth it.
Old 26th November 2020
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Wave's sale looks like bullcocky. You can get the same discount throughout the year for individual plugins, unless I'm not reading it correctly.
Old 26th November 2020
Gear Maniac

Izotope has some deals, some of the IK stuff, and Soundtoys. Soundtoys and IK have a new mixrack type thing that acts like (copies?.....) Slate plugins. Where 1 mixrack has multiple plugins built in. I believe Soundtoys is $129, comes with 14 plugins.
Old 26th November 2020
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
oeksound sale isn't as good as the previous years. they should do a $200 bundle of soothe and spiff
Old 26th November 2020
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Maybe a tad pricey for the ‘low-fers’ but the usual box house suspects have the SSL SiX on sale for this weekend. Front End has it for a little less, and they don’t charge your state’s sales tax. Yeah, I ordered one.
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah330 View Post
That's insane. Even in the 80s and 90s they would be 89 and 99 with a $10 rebate at the cheapest
Here's the ad for this year! They are only doing sm58's this year. In years past they did 57's as well.
Attached Thumbnails
What sales are you Low Enders jumping on this Turkey Day?-screenshot_20201127-090309_chrome.jpg  
Old 29th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Toontrack has some really good deals right now.

I bought expansions for EZDrummer & EZKeys - as well as several MIDI packs; the whole purchase was under $100.

Great products!
Old 1st December 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict

I took a slight plunge into Black Friday and plugin purchases.

Waves:
Rbass
API 2500
L3 Multimaximizer
Trans-X
CLA Echosphere ("Free")
CLA 76 Compressor/Limiter ("Free")
Abbey Road Plates ("Free")

Plugin Alliance:
SPL Transient Designer
Schoeps Mono Upmix
bx rockrack ("Free")
bx subfilter ("Free")
Schoeps Double MS ("Free")

All came to less than $200/£150 total, which is ok. I would never have bought any of them at full or regular price. I spent about £50 on a few other pieces over the past year, so I think I am good for now. I was tempted by a few soundtoys plugins that were on my list (little plate, decapitator) but I can live without them. If the fabfilter stuff had been cheap enough I would have bought a few of those.

I was looking at some of the Izotope stuff too but I already picked up RX Elements for free earlier this year and that is all I really wanted, aside from R4 which I missed out on at a doable price.

Since I started making music on computers and getting into recording I have not paid for any software except my DAW 6 years ago. I don't use cracked stuff either, so it has just been stock plugins and freeware for me up til now. I usually prefer to spend on mics and hardware, but I have been selling up a lot of that in preparation for a move and need to be more software-reliant.

All in all, Black Friday has been good to me.

PS I will add that is has been a right pain in the ass getting the Waves stuff setup properly, but after a few days of back and forth with one of their tech support people they seem to be working now.
Old 1st December 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarkerStreet View Post
I'm most interested in Trash and Ozone Elements. I don't really have anything for mastering. I want to try out Nectar Elements as well. I'm trying really hard not to collect plugins just for the sake of having a bunch of different reverbs or whatever. I get along pretty well with what's in logic for most things.
I got the holiday bundle for Trash and was pretty blown away. It caused a new-toy surge of creative excitement I have not felt for years. If you make heavy music, Trash alone is totally worth it. I haven't even tried the other plug-ins in the bundle.
Old 2nd December 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Influencer View Post
I got the holiday bundle for Trash and was pretty blown away. It caused a new-toy surge of creative excitement I have not felt for years. If you make heavy music, Trash alone is totally worth it. I haven't even tried the other plug-ins in the bundle.
Ive had trash for a year and never used it. Its either trash or one of the other ones where you have to do some routing to get it to play. I forget what it is but I couldnt get it setup so I gave up.
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap217 View Post
Ive had trash for a year and never used it.
Same here, I was excited to get Trash because it was used on one of my favorite albums (NIN's With Teeth), but I've barely used it since I got it. I always turn to Amplitube instead. I used to be a big Izotope fan but I'm slowly falling out of love with their stuff, especially the newer stuff.

On the other hand, RBass (and RVox / RComp / RenEQ from the Waves Renaissance Maxx bundle) are one of those things that gets used everywhere and one of those "oh so that's what I was missing" moments for me. So I hope Gideon K gets the same use out of RBass that I have.

PS Quick tip for the Cyber Monday sales - since there's no coupon needed to get the $29 pricing, you can use that 10%-off Waves referral coupon to get the plugins even cheaper right now. Check in your Waves account for your referral / share-with-a-friend link.
Gear Addict

RBass is great. I once made a record with someone and RBass was on all of the bass parts.
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyneRyder View Post
Same here, I was excited to get Trash because it was used on one of my favorite albums (NIN's With Teeth), but I've barely used it since I got it. I always turn to Amplitube instead. I used to be a big Izotope fan but I'm slowly falling out of love with their stuff, especially the newer stuff.
I'm not using trash to emulate amps. So far I've been using it mostly on drums. Logic Pro's built in amp emulation plug-in seems to be pretty good, but I haven't compared it to Amplitube.

Sonivox/AIR music had 3 plug-in bundles for $9.99. I got Twist, Wobble, and Vocalizer Pro. These seem a little dated and special case, and have been bundled with Akai hardware for years, but I figured they were worth a try for that cheap.
Old 9th December 2020
Gear Nut
Sat out Black Friday this year. Spent a lot of money building this new H-S-S Strat I'm building. I have parts all over my living room. I'm also building a Dinky P Bass for an artist I work with so, my house is starting to look like a repair shop.

Waiting on my Strat's neck from Warmoth. I'm dying to put my hands on it. Roasted maple/black ebony/abalone dots. side dots as well, should be a great addition to our arsenal.
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by goom View Post
The only thing I like from iZ is the RX stuff for fixing things.
I have been using iZotope Neutron Advanced for several years for all my mixing and sound sculpting, and have recently upgraded my copy of Ozone to Advanced. I really like the Tonal Balance feature and how it has given me a handle on quality mastering. The Visual Mixer is a great quick tool for getting a mix 80-90% if the way complete.

That said, I have wasted a fair amount of money on stuff from iZotope that I never use:
Iris - ridiculously complex and no better than Serum or Synthmaster
BreakTweaker - fun to play with for a few minutes, but...
StutterEdit - similarly a great set of parlor tricks, but doesn't make my productions any better
Nectar - Not bad for vocals, but there are better solutions...never got past elements and don't use it.
...and so on

If you REALLY want something cool for a deal, look at these two new entry companies in the plugin market...they are doing some cool, innovative, usable, sophisticated (but not complicated) instruments and effects:

Newfangled Audio (marketed by Eventide) - Their basic tools are sophisticated but their new synth (Generate) is as game-changing as FM was in 1983

Baby Audio - very creative effects, but more important they are structured in a very music-oriented paradigm.

Both these companies have pretty good sales thru the year-end...check 'em out!
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Here for the gear
I have a top of the line Macbook Pro, and Iris 2 lags incredibly whenever I open the UI, making it basically unusable. I still haven't figured it out...
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Trash is the most versatile distortion and sound shaper out there. Once you get into it its stays on every mix.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Low-Enders?

Been on GS for 15 years and have never met a low-ender.
I have, though, met lots of High-End people with limited budgets.
😉
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by homestudioguy View Post
Been on GS for 15 years and have never met a low-ender.
I have, though, met lots of High-End people with limited budgets.
😉
Middle of the road'ers?!
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
After a few years of watching the Black Friday deals come and go and always regretting not buying it, and after all the love for Decapitator and EchoBoy I was seeing in the if you had only 1 of each kind of plugin which would it be? thread, I finally pulled the trigger on the Soundtoys 5 bundle. My first test was on a guitar track - I've been trying to get this wobbly sound that I've had in my head and I just haven't been able to get it. I put the Crystalizer plugin on in it - the 'watery chorus' default, and it was absolutely perfect- like, exactly it. Then I took the room drum track and ran it through the Devil Loc Deluxe and it instantly brought an energy to the track in a really exciting way. I know it's early, but color me impressed! Can't wait to experiment more and explore the rest of the suite.

Last edited by staticwhitesound; 1 week ago at 04:28 PM..
📝 Reply