The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Purple MC77 Vs UA 1176LN for bass guitar
Old 18th September 2020
Here for the gear

Purple MC77 Vs UA 1176LN for bass guitar

I know this is a constant shoot out but I can’t seem to find a great answer (before biting the bullet on one of these). The price difference doesn’t affect my decision so I’m wondering who finds that get better results for character, warmth, smoothness etc. in an ideal world I’d buy a UREI but that’s way out of budget.
I’ll be using it almost exclusively for bass (I’m already aware and have used the Ua plug ins but want the real mojo).
Old 18th September 2020
Lives for gear

Can't help you with deciding between the two but you know Audioscape is the darling of the moment right?
Old 18th September 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLast View Post
Can't help you with deciding between the two but you know Audioscape is the darling of the moment right?
Hmm I weirdly enough didn’t even look into theirs even though I’m waiting for their LA2A to come back in stock.
Do you have the audio scape and if so can you compare it to the Ua or purple?
Old 18th September 2020
Lives for gear

Sorry man this is Low End Theory Forum.

I've got a couple of Golden Age Comp2a's and a couple of ART VLA's.

What I have read about Audioscape sounds pretty damn good though. Stam Audio was the place before but Audioscape is working on being as difficult to get stuff from because they can't keep up with demand either.
Old 18th September 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLast View Post
Sorry man this is Low End Theory Forum.

I've got a couple of Golden Age Comp2a's and a couple of ART VLA's.

What I have read about Audioscape sounds pretty damn good though. Stam Audio was the place before but Audioscape is working on being as difficult to get stuff from because they can't keep up with demand either.
Oops sorry I’m pretty new to these forums I honestly didn’t know which one to post this in. Should I post in a different category for maybe more user experiences?
Old 18th September 2020
Lives for gear

Nothing wrong posting here, I was just giving you sh!t but you might want to give a try in the High End forum or So Much Gear So Little time as some of those people wander over here but I would say there is more talk about more expensive gear in those forums.

From what I have seen I think you will find mixed support for both the Purple Audio and the Universal Audio from different people. Hairball Audio is another possibility which is kit form but there are people out there who will build them for you.
📝 Reply