The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Do everything mic +/- $500
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

And "Green Eyed Lady" was "Chopped Liver?"
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Another fantastic Classic Rock song featuring the B3, by the band Sugarloaf.

Peaked at #3 on the Billboard Charts, in 1970.
Sold over a million copies.

Not sure if they ever played with Bread.
But Bread did play for the first time, with The Flying Burrito Brothers.

Now I'm getting hungry!
Chris
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmaier View Post
And "Green Eyed Lady" was "Chopped Liver?"
No, I like chopped liver a lot better.
Has this just turned into an “All Skate”? This is not a Zombies song.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Electrovoice CS15E or CS15P. Same mic but for some reason labeled differently. Not an ldc but the most versatile mic I've ever used. It sounds good on everything including vocals. Very neutral sounding which makes it also very eq friendly. Not made anymore. I have 4 in my locker for the reasons stated.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Hi Rick, I knew your name sounded familiar... So looked up your Bio. Great to see you posting at GS.
Love to hear some Rev. Gary Davis stories sometime!

I saw/heard Penny Nichols 4 or 5 times BTW over the years, at Beth Wood's "Tuesday Singer-Songwriter Night", in Laguna.
Chris
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

What about the Aston Stealth? It has multiple voicings, plus the built in preamp for an extra 40-50dB. Seems like it offers a lot of applications!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeybob View Post
What about the Aston Stealth? It has multiple voicings, plus the built in preamp for an extra 40-50dB. Seems like it offers a lot of applications!
Besides overloading the hell out of your micpreamp I'm not sure exactly what the application is for a dynamic mic that has way more gain than a really hot output large diaphragm condenser mic.

Turning your micpreamp into a fuzzbox can be fun I suppose. Crazy design there!!!
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLast View Post
Besides overloading the hell out of your micpreamp I'm not sure exactly what the application is for a dynamic mic that has way more gain than a really hot output large diaphragm condenser mic.

Turning your micpreamp into a fuzzbox can be fun I suppose. Crazy design there!!!
I mean, it’s definitely a “new” design, but it also seems like it bypasses the need for a cloudlifter (like for an SM7-B or an RE20) while offering a low-output (passive) option for loud sources like a screaming cab or a snare. Seems versatile even if it doesn’t behave like traditional mics would!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
I agree with Mikeybob. The OP isn’t looking for a screamer’s vocal mic. The Stealth in active mode has enough gain for the OP’s quiet sources, and in passive mode cannot be overloaded. It also has an ability to vary the character of the mic to adapt to different sources. I just sold an SM7b and am thinking about the Stealth as a more versatile replacement.
📝 Reply