The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
500 series into DAW
Old 2nd August 2020
Here for the gear

500 series into DAW

Hello,

Any recommendations on small (2 - 4 channel) interfaces that allow you to bypass the onboard preamps?

I've been running my 500's into a 1st generation Scarlett 18i20 (XLR out on 500->TRS In Scarlett (line input)). I know that's not ideal since there's no way to bypass the Scarletts preamps.

I do a lot of mobile vocal recording around LA so the portability and quality of the 500 series stuff is really attractive to me. Plus it looks "cool" which is a great talking point with clients who don't know this stuff haha.

Routing thru the Scarlett is giving me problems though. (more on that here: Lunchbox into Scarlett 18i20)

Any help is appreciated! Thank You!
Old 2nd August 2020
Gear Nut
MOTU M4
2 preamps / combo-jacks on the front
2 dedicated TRS line inputs on the back
Old 4th August 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmtrujillo View Post
Hello,

Any recommendations on small (2 - 4 channel) interfaces that allow you to bypass the onboard preamps?

I've been running my 500's into a 1st generation Scarlett 18i20 (XLR out on 500->TRS In Scarlett (line input)). I know that's not ideal since there's no way to bypass the Scarletts preamps.

I do a lot of mobile vocal recording around LA so the portability and quality of the 500 series stuff is really attractive to me. Plus it looks "cool" which is a great talking point with clients who don't know this stuff haha.

Routing thru the Scarlett is giving me problems though. (more on that here: Lunchbox into Scarlett 18i20)

Any help is appreciated! Thank You!
Behringer UMC 204HD. You can use the insert to bypass preamp.You need to make a modified cable. I just bought a 500 series and now using it with UMC 204HD.
Old 4th August 2020
ccg
Gear Addict
2 channels? Apogee Duet.
4 channels? Apogee quartet.
📝 Reply