The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Show me your low end room
Old 5th April 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf Fiesel View Post
My new front of the line.. !!!
What a nice cosy vibe! Do you use the X32 as a control surface? If so do the colour strips match the track colors in the DAW ?
Love the lava lamps as well.
Old 6th April 2019
Lives for gear

Classic -- YouTube
Old 7th April 2019
Gear Maniac
This is our low end room.

A better view can be seen here. Longshot.

I only record my wife's band rehearsals and other projects she's involved in. Nothing commercial. This is what the room sounds like with everyone playing live.

Have a Little Faith

Jones

Last edited by rschlierbeck; 7th April 2019 at 03:07 AM..
Old 7th April 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by rschlierbeck View Post

Jones
Pure sex. Please don't post here again.
Old 7th April 2019
Posting this as a sort of goodbye.

This is/was my music room in the attic of the house I've been living in for the last two years. Unfortunately, due to much needed renovations and builders coming in, I have had to pack up and store much of my gear for the time being.

I used this room mostly for arranging, tracking, and experimenting. The acoustics are too compromised and my speakers too ****ty for it to work as a mixing room. The 'dead' part of the room is just an old mattress, various appropriated planks of wood to prop up duvets and so on. It worked reasonably well as a vocal booth.

I got a whole lot of recording done in this room. Some good times.

I still have all the same gear, now just need a new cave to set it up in.
Attached Thumbnails
Show me your low end room-2.jpg   Show me your low end room-3.jpg   Show me your low end room-4.jpg   Show me your low end room-6.jpg   Show me your low end room-7.jpg  

Show me your low end room-8.jpg  
Old 8th April 2019
Gear Nut

Here is my studio...

Just got the panels up and getting used to the difference. Drastic!
Attached Thumbnails
Show me your low end room-d53e94bf-8241-45a6-9b3e-cb401bc86c0f.jpg   Show me your low end room-d133cf0f-0ded-432d-9c93-df7d8c3a8fa7.jpg   Show me your low end room-799e8783-60a7-4a74-bd67-c016adc2c8f4.jpg   Show me your low end room-9d719d55-9ea8-4a57-bb33-cde32cac69f2.jpg  
Old 8th April 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by weave View Post
Have you tried the desk in front of the window? How's the asymmetry doing for the monitors?
Old 8th April 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by goom View Post
Have you tried the desk in front of the window? How's the asymmetry doing for the monitors?
Still working everything out - moving the desk is on the list!
Old 8th April 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by rschlierbeck View Post

I only record my wife's band rehearsals and other projects she's involved in. Nothing commercial. This is what the room sounds like with everyone playing live.

Have a Little Faith

Jones
sweet! .. the interactive cam is awesome!.. is that a GB4 ?
Old 8th April 2019
My latest nook...read it and weep suckers...

Old 8th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by weave View Post
Try mounting the panels across the corners instead of on the walls. They're a bit thin but they should get a little boost in low-end absorption. Oh, and measure the changes.
Old 8th April 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by RightOnRome View Post
sweet! .. the interactive cam is awesome!.. is that a GB4 ?
Hi,

No it is an Allen & Heath Qu-24. I had a Qu-16 but I found myself often riding at the edge of full capacity. The Qu-24 just has more breathing room. I would love to replace it with a SQ-6 (although not everyone who lives here feels the same need.)

That embarrassing tangle of cables behind the mixer are my home made snakes. I found that you can run 4 channels of balanced audio over a single cat5 network cable. I just had to make the terminating boxes myself. A lot of soldering but I was able to run 20 channels with just 5 ethernet cables. Cat 5 cable is also much easer to run to different parts of the house. I have 4 channels going to our living room and another 4 running to my alternate "control room" 2 floors up. The Qu-24 is full remote controllable so it allows me to get out of the "live room" for some isolation.

I still need to build more sound panels. The ones I have are OC 703 set in wood frames and then slid inside coffee bags from a local roaster. They are ridiculously cheap and easy to make.

Jones
Old 10th June 2019
Gear Head
Homestudio for messing around and composing stuff. Moved to a new room, because the old one is getting a nursery now.

My studio where I record, finish tracks, mix and master my own and my client´s music. I got rid of all my 19" racks and outboard as well as my bigger soundcraft M12 which is replaced by a small and simple Mackie. I really like the reduction of gear right now. No spare gear in my rooms anymore.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search