The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
60's -70's Sanyo Amplifier upgrade
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

60's -70's Sanyo Amplifier upgrade

Dear all,

my father's Sanyo DCX 6000K, driving a pair of Sanyo SX-815, has finally kicked the bucket. That is my bucket. I live in Swirtzerland, and unless I can travel again soon, there will be no way I'll be able to cover the cost of repair.

Granted it was infused with much nostalgia (I directed many a classic orchestra, played countless rock riffs and melted under innumerable soul voices thanks to this receiver-amp. However it was a low end product by any stretch of anyone's imagination.

Should you have around 1000 dollars to spend (+ or -200), which would be your go to amp/receiver to drive those same boxes, for the same music?

No radio, mainly LP and AUX.

Thanks in advance for your precious knowledge.

Kindhartedly I hope,

Michael
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict

Seems like you might be able to get it fixed possibly for not a whole lot.

Any guess what has failed on it?

Don't trash it, while it's not a McIntosh or a Marantz it is a classic amp of the 60's - 70's somebody want's it... even dead.

Are you going to be using the old Sanyo speakers with the new amp or something else?

I would always say choose your speakers first and then that will determine your amp requirements

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search