The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ART Digital MPA vs II
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
ART Digital MPA vs II

Hi all-

Longtime lurker, first time poster- I hope this is the right place for this. I see there's some discussion of this but it's pretty old, plus I am looking for possible alternatives.

I'm looking to add two channels over S/PDIF to my PreSonus Quantum, on a budget (I have some drum sessions coming that will need 9-10 channels). It seems like the ART Digital MPA or Digital MPA II are some of the best bang for buck, and I'm wondering if it's worth the extra $$ to buy the updated version, or if there's another option under $500 that I should consider for dual pres over S/PDIF. I don't actually care if it's a tube pre, and whatever I buy will be used. The MPA units are especially attractive since they have World Clock Thru, as I'll be adding another 8 pre unit in the foreseeable future, probably an Audient ASP800 which doesn't have World Clock out/thru.

So, anyways, does anybody know any major downsides to the original gold/silver Digital MPA? Worth coughing up extra $100ish for a used MPA II? Or is there another better option for those channels in the same $200-500 price range? Thanks in advance!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

The MPAII is newer and has the mid-side thang. The Gold is old and cheaper but pretty damn close I think. Decide whether you want old and cheaper or newer and less worn out.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
That's what I figured- I could care less how new and nice it looks, and I know how to encode mid-side in the DAW if I need it. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't a major noise problem or other bug/feature that I was missing. Sounds like the rev I is the version for me. Thanks!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search