The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Shure 545SD Vocal Mic - Demo Video
Old 8th May 2020
Here for the gear

Shure 545SD Vocal Mic - Demo Video

I didn't want to post a review, because this is not that... just a demo of how it sounds on vocals. Nothing too fancy, quick and dirty, yada yada, let's not discuss YouTube production value, etc... that's not why I joined Gearslutz.

FYI, recorded into a PreSonus Quantum with the preamp at 92% gain.

I got this mic for scratch purposes mainly, but I'm so pleased with it I may end up incorporating it into my productions more.

https://youtu.be/6MYA8OKkg3M

--Nathanael
Old 8th May 2020
Lives for gear

Your example really shows how a cheap microphone can give great results.

Your mic placement is good too because you avoid popping that can happen with this microphone if you sing close up and on-axis.
Old 8th May 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
Your mic placement is good too because you avoid popping that can happen with this microphone if you sing close up and on-axis.
My dirty little secret... I automated a HPF in one spot where I popped it.
Old 9th May 2020
Here for the gear
Hahah I really enjoyed this, dropped a like on the vid as well. I have a Shure 515SD that I was given for free. Can I expect anything similar to this? I Haven't really played with it at all.

ps. I see nothing wrong with the production quality of the video.

Last edited by aMacUser; 9th May 2020 at 04:53 AM.. Reason: more thoughts
Old 9th May 2020
Lives for gear

That sounds great to me. I love the 545 mics, I have a 'D', the one without the switch.

They sound amazing through a 1073EQ with a small LF boost and upper midrange cut (as do the Unidyne III, SM57 and 58 actually).

I've also compared direct with some very nice Neumanns and they even hold up there.
Old 11th May 2020
I also have a 545 and use it on hats and guitars. Not bad at all. Found it for super cheap too.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear