The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Scarlett Solo Louder Headphone Output than 2i2
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Scarlett Solo Louder Headphone Output than 2i2

Hello

I’m just wondering why my headphones are louder coming out of my Solo rather than 2i2?

On the Solo I turn them up with the monitor knob where as the 2i2 they turn up via a headphone knob

Just wondering as I’m trying to mix/mess with volume levels on Logic and I have to turn up the master volume using the 2i2 where as on the Solo everything is louder without turning up the master volume.

I’m using the same headphones for both (bd770)

I would be fine just turning up the master volume with the 2i2 but when I do the bass is wayyy too heavy on the headphones/my ears - which is why I think I should just get another solo if I want it louder and not the heavy bass which pretty much distorts what I can hear.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Are you sure your 770's are the same impedance? They come in 32, 80. and 250 ohm versions which would affect volume and probably eq of the playback as well
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Thanks for your reply yes - same pair of headphones being used.

It just seems the Solo has a louder headphone output than the 2i2 for some reason. Because on the solo the headphone volume adjuster is the ‘monitor’ knob but on the 2i2 it has its own headphone volume adjustment knob.

Was just wondering if anybody knew why maybe it’s because the 2i2 does more and doesn’t drive as much into the headphone output?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search