The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NEED Cakewalk CA-2A
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

NEED Cakewalk CA-2A

Hi everyone,

I'm going to be upfront. I love this compressor plugin. I know it's not gearslutz fav compressor plugin or whatever but this plugin just works for me, especially for my voice.

I'm going to be even more upfront. I had access to this plugin as a reason rack extension from a grey market copy of reason I got off ebay for like 20$. Yes, I know. I'm a bad person I'm sorry :(( I got locked out of my not-so-legit copy of reason after about two years so I figured it's about time I just buy a copy of the plugin.

For those of you who don't know the developers of this plugin have been bought out after gibsons bankruptcy and are currently not selling this plugin.

I really really really like this plugin guys. I have tried the Wave and UAD La-2a plugins, they're great--but for me the CA-2A is perfect.

Is there any way to get it now??? I've looked for cracks of it (again, I'm sorry but there's apparent way to buy it) to no avail. I love this plugin. Should I try emailing the people at Cakewalk?

Thanks!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

It's included for free with the (also now free) Bandlab version of Sonar isn't it?

Can't you run Reason rewired to Cakewalk and access it that way?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetz View Post
It's included for free with the (also now free) Bandlab version of Sonar isn't it?

Can't you run Reason rewired to Cakewalk and access it that way?
Just tried getting Sonar. The plugin isn't included with the DAW :(
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

I believe that's out of commission. The prochannel on cakewalk, hidden to the left comes with 2 compressors. The CA76 and the PC4K. The DAW comes with sonitus plugins which are underrated actually, just not as fancy, that also have a compressor. But I forgot which one it emulates. I have the LA 2A from IK multimedia which is really good, and they give out deals every year, where its buy 1, get 6 free type thing.

As far as I know CbB doesn't sell anything, so any legacy sonar plugins for sale probably aren't supported. The sites are left up for reference.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Cakewalk by BandLab does not have everything the old Sonar had. Those of us that are Sonar users had to keep Sonar (Platinum version in my case) installed to have access to many of the Plug-ins as the new Cakewalk does not include them, but will use the Sonar supplied if installed.

Maybe post on the new Cakewalk forum and someone can help you?
https://discuss.cakewalk.com/
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

PM'd
Old 3 weeks ago
JAT
Lives for gear
Bandlab does not include any of the xtra cakewalk plugins and they aren’t selling them. And obviously no one can give you a copy since the serial # needs to be authorized on line.

The op is out of luck but could help by making a request at bandlab to start selling old cake products. There was a recent thread on the cake forums.

Otherwise, it is just a good emulation of an la2a. I got a real opto but don’t feel the need of any other la2a software.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search