The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Any recommended mods for Klark Teknik 1176?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Any recommended mods for Klark Teknik 1176?

I just bought the Klark Teknik 1176-KT, excited to use it. I am a bit of tinkerer though so out of curiosity i'm wondering if anybody has recommended mods for the unit? I tend to look at gear like this as a great platform for modifications
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Are you good working on SMT because there's a bunch in there.

Transformers would be an obvious mod that wouldn't get you into the SMT but you would still working on a board that's probably not very robust because it is mostly SMT.

I'd say enjoy it for how cheap it is and that it's pretty good inspite of that. There are serious clones out there if you want a better unit that are far cheaper than originals or the UA modern version.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Probably the transformers, maybe replace them with a Cinemag .. Easy-to-do and will improve the saturation and low-end fullness, but don't expect a night and day difference. The stock Midas transformer won't sound good when pushed, so the biggest difference will be when you drive the signal.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search