The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Amplitube 4 amps introducing echo/reverb..?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Amplitube 4 amps introducing echo/reverb..?

I've tried to scavenge the form looking for a thread discussing this issue but … I gave up after the first 100 pages.
To anybody aware of such a post and kind enough to share a link: thank you.

Question is: does any Amp model in Amplitube introduce echo/reverb to the signal?
And, if so, why?

The scenario is: in Amplitube (almost) any stage of the amp chain can be turned on/off. I have often used this function bypassing the Amp stage altogether (guitar signal comes in through an actual tube amp through a reactive load) and using Amplitube's Cab sim stage to 'spatialize' the sound.
I might use the stomp boxes module to add some reverb or other pedal effect inside.
Inside Amplitube, IF the Amp stage is turned on, though, that stage introduces - no matter what - some echo/reverb (even on Amp heads supposed to be DRY: Mesa Mk III for instance).

Am I missing something..?
Thank you
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

1. In the cab room, as you probably know already, you can adjust room size, and volume of all the mics on the cab. The way I have done it lately, is mute the room mic. 3rd one from left I believe. Then, look for dryest sounding cab. If you're only using the cab, hard to not have any room sound at all tho.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Hello and thank for the reply.
yes, I am aware of what you mentioned… I think there's a couple of issues at play here, though…
1- it seems to me that disabling the amp module in the amp chain (so, say, using amplitube just a cabsim modeler) dramatically reduces the signal level depriving the cabsim room response a lot. That might be a desired or not desired result.

2- it might be something wrong with my setup but… my guitar comes in through a focusrite 2i4 (on a Mac), now, whether amplitube runs in standalone mode or inside another host (say, Live), the signal going out to Output 1&2 is … doubled (?). i.e.: the signal through amplitube sits on top of the dry signal (coming from the sound card..?) unless I force Amplitube to go out via 3&4 Out which yields only the Amplitube processed signal (and no, the souncard is set not to monitor any direct input only playback signal).

I can't for my life see what's going on…

Last edited by n_f; 3 weeks ago at 12:16 AM.. Reason: incomplete
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

I'll double check later, but in the cab room, I believe there is volume control for DI signal. Adjust that volume see what happens. I go thru a pre amp for DI guitar and bass, so set up is different.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search