Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Setup advise

Hello,

Wondering if someone can help here is my setup

Behringer Multigate Pro XR4400
Behringer Auto Com Pro Processoer MDX1400
Yamaha MG12/4 mixer

I currently run the compressor onto my insert on the mixer for the mics. (using 6.35 1/4 inch TRS jacks)

However I have just brought the multi gate, Whats the best way to link them together?

Hope this makes sense?

Thanks
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
If you want the gate before the compressor: insert cable send -> gate input, gate output -> compressor input, compressor output -> insert cable return. Swap the gate and compressor if you want them the other way round. That would be for two channels, for the other two just send -> gate input, gate output -> return. OTOH I see that the Autocom already has expanders / gates, so if you want you could just connect them separately, e.g. compressor on channels 1 and 2, gate on 3-6. It's really up to you, depending on what you want to do with your two processors.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabirio View Post
If you want the gate before the compressor: insert cable send -> gate input, gate output -> compressor input, compressor output -> insert cable return. Swap the gate and compressor if you want them the other way round. That would be for two channels, for the other two just send -> gate input, gate output -> return. OTOH I see that the Autocom already has expanders / gates, so if you want you could just connect them separately, e.g. compressor on channels 1 and 2, gate on 3-6. It's really up to you, depending on what you want to do with your two processors.

Hello,

Thanks for taking time to help me

Is this the normal insert (image attached)
Or is it the send and return next to ctrl room? Sorry outboard fx units new to me?

It it is the ones on the left next to control room i'd get TRS cable from send to compressor, out compressor, into gate, out gate into return?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Setup advise-p20815r-e5725a654d0fd005b4e4d364cbbcf33b.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
I mean the inserts on channels 1-4. Typically you would use that aux send / return loop for a parallel effect to which you want to send several channels and mix the effect into your stereo bus, e.g. a reverb.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Hello,

There is no return on the insert? There is only on inset (Above XLR) could I use the AUX send and return to add the fx units onto all channels?

Thanks
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
They are TRS connectors where the tip is the send and the ring is the return (Page 15). They are obviously unbalanced but the compressor and gate will take unbalanced connections no problem.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search