The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
TB3 Dock w/ More Than 4 Ports?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Question TB3 Dock w/ More Than 2 Ports?

[EDIT: Meant more than 2 ports]

Hey guys,

Gonna be biting the bullet on a new iMac 5K, full specs. However I was wondering if there was a dock solution that offers more than 2 TB3 ports?

While an iMac Pro does have 4 TB3 ports, that whole shebang is far more than what I need for music production purposes.

Seems like the majority of docks only have 2 ports. And as I understand it, each TB3 buss offers 2 ports. Was hoping there was a dock that utilized both ports and turned them into 4 ports...maybe at a slightly reduced speed.

Use Case: I plan on buying an Apollo x8p and 2-3 Octo Satellites to replace my TB2 UAD solutions. But I also have a 24TB TB2 storage array, and other TB2 HDD/SSD's that I DON'T plan on tossing anytime soon.

Side-Thought: I wish they had a TB3 dock that ALSO offered a couple TB2 ports. That way chunky adapters aren't needed.

Last edited by ThePulseLLC; 3 weeks ago at 11:46 PM.. Reason: Meant more than 2 ports

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search