The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Double mic vocal setup - what do I need?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Double mic vocal setup - what do I need?

I have a regular mic stand. I want to use two microphones at the same time, one on top of the other like in the picture.

What's the most cost efficient and simple way to hang a 2nd mic? Buy a 2nd stand? Or some kind of attachment to the existing stand?

Don't want to spend much on this. A new stand is $15, but I'd rather avoid the bulk when having two stands next to each other and use something more elegant, if possible.

Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut
N1Greg,

I have used Latch Lake and think many of the other professional stands may also offer similar accessory booms for this purpose (like this one):

https://latchlakemusic.com/accessories/xtra-boom-2/

It can be freely rotated in almost any position. Two of them set vertically 180 degrees opposed will do this elegantly.

If you want to do it as inexpensively as possible, a second lower cost microphone stand is probably a better option.

The problem with using really cheap stands is they aren’t always able to effectively support the weight (epecially two large condensers) or may not be very well made.

Another thought is to search companies that specialize in accessories for audio and video production.

Cheers!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search