The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Split Guitar Signal
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Split Guitar Signal

Looking for the best way to split a guitar signal; one into my real amp, another into my interface to take a DI track.

There seems to be 2 options, but I’m not sure if one is better or worse.

- Use a DI box
- Use a signal splitter like a BigShot ABY

Looking for the the cleanest and most reliable signal. I’m using a Focusrite Clarett thunderbolt as my interface if that makes any difference.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal123 View Post
Looking for the best way to split a guitar signal; one into my real amp, another into my interface to take a DI track.

There seems to be 2 options, but I’m not sure if one is better or worse.

- Use a DI box
- Use a signal splitter like a BigShot ABY

Looking for the the cleanest and most reliable signal. I’m using a Focusrite Clarett thunderbolt as my interface if that makes any difference.
I use this for splitting signal in my studio:
Morley ABY Selector Combiner Routing & Switching Device

I like it because you can easily deactivate or active an output. I use it a lot for bass guitar recording as i like to send the bass to 2 different mic'ed bass cabinets.

Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

The above option looks great.

I just use my Boss tuner to send one path through my pedalboard and amp, and then a completely dry signal to a DI box. If you already have both, it's worth a shot before investing in more gear, although that ABY switcher does have the added benefit of being able to quickly switch the signal path as needed.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search