The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Looking for a basic self contained sampling pad
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Looking for a basic self contained sampling pad

Something inexpensive--can be used--that can record and play samples independently, portable preferred but can be a/c only.
Is for my young child who likes to use my daw (fl studio/ableton) & getting a launchpad soon, but it's all too technical without my supervision. Really likes sampling and playing back things--and pushing buttons. So would like to find a self-contained unit that is simple to use; can record/playback; more samples the better but price needs to be at most $100. Thanks.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

If it is for finger playing maybe the Akai MPX8 would fit the bill. I think it can take sounds onboard via SD card and comes with some software for loading the sounds in from the computer.

For drum stick playing, I got the Alesis SamplePad 4 - you can load your own sounds into it and walk away from your computer and plug it into a PA or headphones or whatever. The pad sensitivity is calibrated for hitting with sticks. You would be in serious pain after trying to play it with your fingers.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search