The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Buzz Audio
Old 21st June 2007
Gear Head

Buzz Audio

i was researching the buzz audio elixir as being a new preamp to dabble with for new sounds.
has anyone bought one of these or knows alot about them?
some info would be great before i pulled the trigger.

thanks in advance
-sam
Old 21st June 2007
Gear Nut

Is this your first time looking into the 500 series format? If so, be warned, it is addictive and there is no turning back.

The Buzz Elixir was my first preamp I bought in this format. I ran a DI bass track into the very first time and my jaw dropped when I heard the track played back. It is amazing!!! The fattest, tightest low-end, with a detailed mid-range, and sweet top-end. This is the big leagues and your recording will go to a whole new level. It is a great all around pre. DO IT NOW!
Old 21st June 2007
500 series nutjob

the Buzz elixir!
great pre!
and has mentioned the 500 form is oh so addictave
Buzz and A-Designs are two of my favorite companies.
i am fixing to post a review on the new great river pre and far i like it!
Old 21st June 2007
Gear Head

thanks guys. i thought it was a lay down, but i needed some first hand experience.
i was ready to take my tracking to the next level with the 500 series and a vintech.
thanks again.
Old 22nd June 2007
500 series nutjob

i would say grab a lunchbox and go for it!
this is a great time to be getting into the 500 form gear.
their are a lot of awesome top shelf pre's, their are EQ's, comp's, and more gear coming.
take the plunge and get the 500 form bug!
it's a good thing.

Old 22nd June 2007
Gear Nut

Like Pan said, take the plunge. Hey Pan, how's the GR? I'm racking mine now!!!!!! It's got some major guts in there.
Old 22nd June 2007
500 series nutjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by h-man View Post
Like Pan said, take the plunge. Hey Pan, how's the GR? I'm racking mine now!!!!!! It's got some major guts in there.
i am liking it!
Old 22nd June 2007
Gear Nut

Great, I can't even use mine yet. I just moved into a house a couple of weeks back, and my new recording room is a disaster. ha. Cables here, there, and everywhere. Not to mention, I had to buy a whole new 001 set of hardware because my mom wouldn't give my original one back. She is addicted to PT and recording now. She doesn't get my lunchbox anymore. Sorry mom, love ya, but the rack is mine!

Keep us posted on any tips with the GR. I think I followed your trail. I have the Buzz, 3 A Designs, and now the GR. Damn that GR looked so nice going in the rack. Enjoy man!!!
Old 22nd June 2007
500 series nutjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by h-man View Post
Great, I can't even use mine yet. I just moved into a house a couple of weeks back, and my new recording room is a disaster. ha. Cables here, there, and everywhere. Not to mention, I had to buy a whole new 001 set of hardware because my mom wouldn't give my original one back. She is addicted to PT and recording now. She doesn't get my lunchbox anymore. Sorry mom, love ya, but the rack is mine!

Keep us posted on any tips with the GR. I think I followed your trail. I have the Buzz, 3 A Designs, and now the GR. Damn that GR looked so nice going in the rack. Enjoy man!!!
i love this format

look for some more cool cards coming very soon!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search