The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Tascam UH-7000 or Audient iD14/22 - other option???
Old 6th February 2020
Gear Head

So im looking to upgrade my maudio 2+2m to Tascam UH-7000 or Audient iD14/22 - other option???
im goona buy used so budget is around 200-300 euro.

Is there anything new better out there for EDM on PC over usb/usb c/tunderbolt.

im getting new speaker s so i want to upgrade my interface too, i currently have yamaha HS7.

im doing alot of late nights so the better headphone output on the tascam
sound apeeling to me - so the more loud /better headphone out, seem better then adding a Shiit magni to the out on th iD14/22
as i borrowing 250ohm headhpones RN, and my current interface can´t really drive them at all they sound so thin.

I read that thise seem to be very close in quality sound , i read somthing about latency small issue over mic input have that been fixed on the tascam or not a issue at all?

Alsow for now im a all in the box, not outboard gear at all , so this is for casual mic use, good 3way speakers and 250 Ohms headphones.

if you got any you recomend not listed by me please do post it, can explain why.

Aslow Apollo twin or audiofuse are interresting but thats another add in the budget i have to consider, if thats worth it for me

-Slots
Old 6th February 2020
Lives for gear

Recording vocals sometimes or not?
Old 6th February 2020
Gear Head

only rare i record.
Old 6th February 2020
Lives for gear

They're not that different quality wise.
Tascam only has one set of stereo output against two with the ID22
I only spent one day with the Tascam (wasn't mine) but I remember a very good headphone amp
Old 6th February 2020
Gear Head

oki thanks
As headphone is equaly importent to me as speaker sound
Old 6th February 2020
Lives for gear

I'd consider also the RME babyface pro for RME's outstanding driver quality, excellent tech support and the fact that RME will probably keep update/write new drivers for it for the next 15 years.
Old 7th February 2020
Gear Head

going to bump this for a sec,

so do anyone have an idea on latency on the Tascam uh-7000 did they fix it whit a update?
Old 8th February 2020
JAT
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slots1Up View Post
going to bump this for a sec,

so do anyone have an idea on latency on the Tascam uh-7000 did they fix it whit a update?
No new drivers, they were done by a third party. The latency is less than 10 ms. I run mine now through an audient 44 Via digital with sub 5 ms. Problem solved.
Old 8th February 2020
Gear Head

fk me then, I really need the powerfull headphone out its not as good as i have high Ohm ones, and the iD14/22 not as powerfull, hmm what to do then i dont wanna run it tough a 22 to get 2x the cost.

the ms is one when sgining or tracking right not on speakers and headout or i missed something

what to do then when i wanna spend like around 200 Euro
Old 9th February 2020
Lives for gear

Which HP are you using?
I found no problem driving a pair of Beyer DT150 (250 ohms) with the ID22.
Old 11th February 2020
Gear Head

i got beryer 990dt pro, so i just heard that the head out on it was weekish. ill have thios in mind i might go for it and test one and resell if not saticfied as its hard to locate a tascam 7000 used
Old 11th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
i got beryer 990dt pro, so i just heard that the head out on it was weekish. ill have thios in mind i might go for it and test one and resell if not saticfied as its hard to locate a tascam 7000 used
I think the 990dt also is 250 ohms.
It should be fine unless you want them blasting, which isn't good for your mixes or your ears...
The Tascam HP out sounds better, why do you need low latency anyway are you playing a lot of VIs?
Old 17th February 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
the ms is one when sgining or tracking right not on speakers and headout or i missed something

what to do then when i wanna spend like around 200 Euro
The software control panel for the UH-7000 has a direct monitoring option so you listen to the inputs in real time. I've never used it because I work completely ITB, but I recently noticed it's there. This might mitigate your latency concerns for recording.

With that said, it's true that the drivers have mediocre for latency for complex sessions. I eventually bought a Lynx card, which I still output from the UH-7000 via AES. It would have been more cost-effective to go Lynx from the start, but I can't deny that the sound quality and components from the UH-7000 are excellent.
Old 22nd February 2020
Gear Head

Don't thin the conversion is that good on the Tascam.
I'd choose Audient
Old 23rd February 2020
Audient has impeccably low latency, excellent preamps and AD/DA conversion and a great headphone amp, I'd recommend the iD22 with no hesitations.
Old 24th February 2020
Gear Head

I've used a u7000 for a couple of years now and just love it - have not had any latency issues. I don't use any of the onboard efx(compress,verb,eq) in it however and maybe that's where others have had problems . . . the mic pres sound great into the DAW with any and all of my mics, super flexible mixer screen running with input latency of 2.9ms, output 15.3ms compensated in LIVE10.1 to .41ms
#soundsgreattome

Often when I read of interface issues; it's b/c of the user's laptop machine

peace
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

don't get the ID14. I've had mine for little over a year and it went bad on me a few days ago. Loud hissing, mic still recording loud with the gain knob down to ZERO. It worked okay while it lasted. and that was just okay.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search