The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Can NI Maschine Mikro MK3 trigger
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Can NI Maschine Mikro MK3 trigger

Any Native instruments Maschine Mikro Mk3 users here? I've been seeing a few complaints about the Mikro MK3, that it can't be used as a midi controller, but then I see information about a midi mode? So I'm left a bit confused.

​I'm thinking about getting a Mikro Mk3 so I can play around with the sample library and produce some quick beats using the Maschine software but I'd also like the option of using it as a pad controller and triggering other VSTs ( Non NI) like Swarplug or Wizoo Darbuka latigo or Elastik or Kontakt

Could I theoretically use the mikro MK3 to trigger say, a drum kit in Kontakt for example? Is it easy to adjust the midi information that each pad piece sends? Or is this just not possible as per some reports? I was thinking of getting an MKII instead if it couldn't do this.

Hope someone can clear up my confusion pls.

TIA
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Controller Editor added support for Mk3 Mikro fairly recently. Before that midi assignment was fixed.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search