The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Kick started my modelling career again this week...
Old 22nd November 2019
Kick started my modelling career again this week...

Amp modelling that is, been having a look back at some of my old amp modllers to see if there's any interesting retro sounds to be had
Old 24th November 2019
Lives for gear

I remember when those kidney beans were all the rage. I'm sure you'll find something of use on one of those. Might not sound so retro though.
Old 24th November 2019
Have you got Blue Steel down?
Old 24th November 2019
Lives for gear

MerMAN!
Old 24th November 2019
Lives for gear

I wouldn’t consider any of that a sort of “retro” that would ever be hip...
Old 24th November 2019
Are you saying it's square?
Old 26th November 2019
I like the rectifier setting in the old pods, while it sounds nothing like a rectifier is a great sound.

The modulation fx in the Pandora are good i like the old slightly crunchy Korg algorithms. I have a patch I made for a song I recorded back in the 90s (when I bought this) and I have never been able to replicate it on anything else.

The Zoom is bloody horrible... but I'm almost certain it was used by the Smashing Pumpkins on there song 'Love' as it does an exact replica of that sound.
Old 26th November 2019
Lives for gear

Can't help myself. I have to be the guy that says there is no such word as "modelling".
Old 6th December 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboJets View Post
Can't help myself. I have to be the guy that says there is no such word as "modelling".
I spelled that incorrectly once, and the auto correct on my phone saved it - now it corrects modeling to modelling every time unless I notice and correct it's incorrect correction... (like I did in this post)
Old 7th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezb1 View Post
I spelled that incorrectly once, and the auto correct on my phone saved it - now it corrects modeling to modelling every time unless I notice and correct it's incorrect correction... (like I did in this post)
That's funny! Sometimes technology is just a PITA, LOL.
Old 8th December 2019
Modelling and modeling are both acceptable...same as traveling and travelling. There's British and American distinctions I believe.
Old 8th December 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello people View Post
Modelling and modeling are both acceptable...same as traveling and travelling. There's British and American distinctions I believe.

In which case my phone has been keep it me right...
Old 14th December 2019
I know a Black Metal band that recorded the guitars on an album through a Zoom 505 II with the cab sim turned off. I'm still debating if I want to buy that album again but the sound was literally four-dimensional icepicks in your ears. So much so that I have Zoom 505 II in my list of eBay searches.
Old 17th December 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by johannburkard View Post
I know a Black Metal band that recorded the guitars on an album through a Zoom 505 II with the cab sim turned off. I'm still debating if I want to buy that album again but the sound was literally four-dimensional icepicks in your ears. So much so that I have Zoom 505 II in my list of eBay searches.
What band and album?
Old 17th December 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezb1 View Post
What band and album?
Circumscriber - Halcyon Mockery https://www.discogs.com/Circumscribe...elease/7369174.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search