The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Old Presonus series mixer - still good for a home studio setup?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Old Presonus series mixer - still good for a home studio setup?

Since the new Presonus series was released, I can see quite some StudioLive 24.4.2 or 16.x.2 offered on ebay.

For a setup with quite some hardware gear, they sound quite interesting as they have quite a number of channels. Since I'm looking to extend my current setup to support a DAW/computer-less "live" setup as well as a DAW/recording setup (i currenly have), I'm wondering if one of these old PreSonus mixers would be suitable.

Is someone of you using/has someone of you been using one of these StudioLines as an audio interface with a DAW? What's your experience with it? Is the DAW integration working smoothly (Cubase)? Is it able to record all channels in parallel? How is the latency? Any "painful" limitations?

Technically speaking, would you consider the old series to be outdated or could it still do a good job? Are they known for specific weaknesses or rather known to be rock solid when it comes to durability?

I'm very interested and thankful to learn about your experience and views.
Old 3 weeks ago
I have never owned a PreSonus Mixer but have a couple of suggestions.
-Direct your questions directly to PreSonus online as they seem to be very responsive, at least for me.
-If I remember correctly, the older models used "Firewire" to interface with computers so be sure to check that out before you buy.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search