The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Studio Projects mic discussion
Old 11th September 2019
Studio Projects mic discussion

The Studio Projects mics are a bit interesting to me because they're relatively low cost. So for people who have used them I have a couple questions.

Anybody know where you can buy the CS5 if it's still available? I'm pretty sure it's been discontinued but I'd love to get my hands on a couple (if not more, depending on their price, if they were still available for the $300 or so they were a few years ago I'd easily grab a few).

The B1 and B3 are still in production I know. My understanding is that they use the 797 K67 capsule which has a broad boost like the TLM103 (but at 5 dB instead of roughly 4 dB, according to Recording Hacks' charts), so are those mics brighter than the other Chinese K67 utilizing mics with the weaker attenuation and improperly biased FET like the V67G, iSK BM-600? I like the sound of those two, but the B3's capsule and flat circuit lead me to believe it's similar to the Behringer B2 Pro which I didn't exactly like.

And is their C4 MKII SDC any good (they seem to go on eBay for under $400/pair with all 3 capsules)? Or should I just stick to my Little Gems for Omni, and my MK-012s for hyper cardioid (also have the iSK Pearls for cardioid)? The intriguing thing is the SP C4 is advertised as being really flat, but my matched MK-012 hyper capsules are also pretty flat, with their presence boost in the high end being 2 dB on one, and 3 dB on the other, if I'm reading the plot right.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

https://reverb.com/item/27134983-stu...ser-microphone

Just looked and saw this. Don’t see them come up very often. I got one used a year or so ago, love it, best bang for the buck around. I’d buy it myself but am in plenty of hot water with my better half at the moment.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search