The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Hardware micro pitch shifter?
Old 9th September 2019
Lives for gear

Hardware micro pitch shifter?

I'm looking for a hardware micro pitch shifter that can do the vocal thickening trick that a Eventide H3000 can do, any hardware units out there that can do this under $700? It can be a rackmount effects unit or a stereo guitar pedal.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I'm looking for a hardware micro pitch shifter that can do the vocal thickening trick that a Eventide H3000 can do, any hardware units out there that can do this under $700? It can be a rackmount effects unit or a stereo guitar pedal.
Hi, I work for Eventide and thought I'd chime in with a suggestion. The H9’s (& PitchFactor) MicroPitch algorithm is a stripped down version of the famous Ultra-Harmonizer MicroPitch algorithm (found on the H3000).

So, this stompbox can do it, but it does not sound identical to the H3000/9000 rackmount version.

One thing you can try is to buy the iOS version of MicroPitch and to run it as a hardware device to test it out before spending the $ on an H9 (or PitchFactor).
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Tc helicon double has a micro shift
KEELEY 30ms pedal does a nice job
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Thank you both for the replies. Will the eventide Pitch Factor pedal do this? It has a patch called microshift but I can't find any info about how short you can set the delays.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

You can also do a version of this with a Yamaha SPX-90, which you can get dirt cheap these days.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgarges View Post
You can also do a version of this with a Yamaha SPX-90, which you can get dirt cheap these days.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC
I clicked on this thread to say exactly this. The SPX 90 is still one hell of a tool to have lying around.
Old 4 weeks ago
i HAVE A Digitech Vocalist VR Vocal Processor That i use from time to time wh en i want to process the vox before it hits the DAW. Its good and way cheaper than you want to spend.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

I can't recall the minimum pitch shift increments but the Boss SE-50/SE-70 can do effects like this. Obviously not an Eventide but they have their charm.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search