The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Apollo Twin MkII Duo - worth it considering the Analog bundle is free?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Apollo Twin MkII Duo - worth it considering the Analog bundle is free?

I am in the process of (re) setting up my home studio, and noticed on Thomann that if you register the MkII Duo until October 31 2019, you get the Analog Classics Pro Bundle (list price $999) for free. As I am in need of an interface, I was thinking of taking the plunge.

I've been out of the loop for 3-4 years...Is the MkII still a solid choice or has a better alternative emerged in the home studio range? I see it did not make the cut of the top audio interfaces of 2018 in this page. Despite the Apollo Twin being very pricey with respect to competitors in its I/O class, is it worth it in your opinion?

Thank you!
Old 1 week ago
Yes. If your intuition is telling you to go for it, then do it. It is expensive in comparison but the software bundle is good. Spread out over a couple of years the extra cost isn't so bad.

I tried the Apollo x8p with the Unison preamps and liked it; the hardware was good quality and well-designed and built; the software is mostly great and there are some reasonably-priced plug-ins and bundles too...and expensive ones!

I listened to your music on Soundcloud and it's worth the investment IMO.
Old 1 week ago
If you can afford it I would try to get something with a quad processor. You might not need it now but at some point the extra power will be needed. Otherwise go for it. The UA plug ins sound great imo.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict
I got back into home recording my own music at the beginning of the year and the Apollo twin has transformed my work flow and inspiration tenfold! Really great sounding emulations.

I have the duo and I will say I’m close to maxing out the dsp on most of my projects. As an example, that comes to about two instances of emt 250, two instances of fairchild, one instance of precision delay, five instances of pultecs, one instance of dimension d, two instances of La2a, and four instances of 1176 on a current project I’m working on.

If you think you’d need more than that I’d recommend the quad or higher, especially if you’d want to mix with some of their newer channel strips (neve, ssl, etc.) which use up a ton of dsp. Of course, you can print the plugins while tracking and you can always print during mixing to get more mileage out of it.
Old 1 week ago
Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekshaw View Post
I am in the process of (re) setting up my home studio, and noticed on Thomann that if you register the MkII Duo until October 31 2019, you get the Analog Classics Pro Bundle (list price $999) for free. As I am in need of an interface, I was thinking of taking the plunge.

I've been out of the loop for 3-4 years...Is the MkII still a solid choice or has a better alternative emerged in the home studio range? I see it did not make the cut of the top audio interfaces of 2018 in this page. Despite the Apollo Twin being very pricey with respect to competitors in its I/O class, is it worth it in your opinion?

Thank you!
Hey rekshaw,
Let me know if I can answer any questions you might have about our products. Happy to help.

And good luck with your decision.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search