The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
absolute smallest budget usb interface
Old 1st July 2019
Here for the gear

absolute smallest budget usb interface

I am trying to get someone setup using ableton for live keys on absolutely minimum budget.

Managed to get ableton live lite for £7 with triqtraq ios app and various free plugins all running on generic windows 10 laptop

Has anyone got a suggestion for absolute minimal cost usb interface that will still improve over the headphone out on the laptop??

Thanks a lot
Old 1st July 2019
Gear Addict
Depending on the laptop, any DAC with a headphone out will probably improve on the onboard audio, such as a Behringer UCA 222 USB (under £20), however I'd go for something with some input options as well in case they want to use a mic at a later stage. Cheapest interface with a proper (phantom power option) mic pre is the Behringer U-Phoria UM2 USB. < £30.
Old 9th July 2019
Here for the gear
I had a Lexicon Alpha for a good while. Worked quite well and when I got it in 2015 it only cost me $50 USD. Doesn't have phantom power but you can get around that by picking up a used ART Tube MP from ebay or someplace like that.
Old 9th July 2019
Lives for gear

Roland Quad....works a long side our RME
Old 9th July 2019
Gear Maniac

Zoom u24 it’s very very mobile (works on batteries if needed) and good latency.

Really low budget the behringer uphoria
umc202hd is a good pick. It’s pick that over the umc22,you just get so much more.Best value is probably the umc404hd, as you get tons more connectivity for only a few bucks more.
Old 10th July 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidDisco View Post
Zoom u24 it’s very very mobile (works on batteries if needed) and good latency.

Really low budget the behringer uphoria
umc202hd is a good pick. It’s pick that over the umc22,you just get so much more.Best value is probably the umc404hd, as you get tons more connectivity for only a few bucks more.
UMC202HD if they're not recording anything, or UMC204HD or UMC404HD if they are.

The 202HD lacks mono monitoring, which isn't a problem for playback, but it's quite the issue if you record into the mic inputs.
Old 10th July 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dohreetoh View Post
UMC202HD if they're not recording anything, or UMC204HD or UMC404HD if they are.

The 202HD lacks mono monitoring, which isn't a problem for playback, but it's quite the issue if you record into the mic inputs.
Good point. In any event Id stay way from the um22
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Maybe a used steinberg ur22 off ebay.
That thing is not bad really
Old 1 week ago
You can get a focusrite scarlett solo for $50 or less used on ebay.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

i bought second hand NI Traktor Audio 2 (Mk 1) for less than $70 and absolutely satisfied with it.
it's really small and really really good quality.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I'd get a two channel clarett if I wanted something really nice. Not sure what they offer these days as far as io options other than the 8 channel ones

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search