The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Event ALP 5 loose connection?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Event ALP 5 loose connection?

Hi,

I’ve had a pair of Event ALP 5 monitors for quite some time now and they have started to act strange. The sound cuts out completely or is replaced with a crackle. The thing I do to fix it is to tap on the volume control on the back of the monitor until it goes a way and the sound comes back.

Do you have any idea how to fix this?

I contacted Event but they just said that the monitors have been discontinued and that I should turn to a technician.

I’m thankful for any help I can get!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurkah View Post
Hi,

I’ve had a pair of Event ALP 5 monitors for quite some time now and they have started to act strange. The sound cuts out completely or is replaced with a crackle. The thing I do to fix it is to tap on the volume control on the back of the monitor until it goes a way and the sound comes back.

Do you have any idea how to fix this?

I contacted Event but they just said that the monitors have been discontinued and that I should turn to a technician.

I’m thankful for any help I can get!
It seems to me like you have either a worn out potentiometer or more likely some broken solder joints on the potentiometer try to resolder the pot to the board or otherwise try to remove the pot and attach the pot back with wires in between instead of straight board mounting it this will reduce the chance of failure in the future. Also if you see any other components that could have cracked solder joints touch them up too. This is what a cracked solder joint looks like:
If this is not the issue I'm sure someone else can help you out more, I'm still learning on the electronics front!

Greetings,

Tom

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search