The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Noob looking for recommended audio mixer option for specific use.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Noob looking for recommended audio mixer option for specific use.

Hi there,

First off, excuse my extreme ignorance on the subject. I have a simple task that I need to achieve but I am a complete noob and I am unsure what device(s) I would need to make this happen:

I need a device that allows me to receive feeds from 2 or 3 mics and output it to my headphones and at the same time get a feed from my pc or phone to output music to a couple 4 ohms speakers AND have the ability to output mic feds to those same speaker if needed.

Basically I need a device that has multiple inputs and multiple outputs and allows me to route specific inputs to specific outputs at the same time.

Is this something a regular 2-bus audio mixer can achieve? I know they have multiple inputs but I am unsure if I could ROUTE those inputs to different outputs at the same time.

I need to be sure before I make a purchase so I thought I'd ask here.

Here is the link for the mixer I was looking at:

https://www.amazon.ca/Alto-Professio...gateway&sr=8-3

Thanks a lot for your cooperation.
Old 3 weeks ago
Deleted e999d8e
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerretWizard View Post
Hi there,

First off, excuse my extreme ignorance on the subject. I have a simple task that I need to achieve but I am a complete noob and I am unsure what device(s) I would need to make this happen:

I need a device that allows me to receive feeds from 2 or 3 mics and output it to my headphones and at the same time get a feed from my pc or phone to output music to a couple 4 ohms speakers AND have the ability to output mic feds to those same speaker if needed.

Basically I need a device that has multiple inputs and multiple outputs and allows me to route specific inputs to specific outputs at the same time.

Is this something a regular 2-bus audio mixer can achieve? I know they have multiple inputs but I am unsure if I could ROUTE those inputs to different outputs at the same time.

I need to be sure before I make a purchase so I thought I'd ask here.

Here is the link for the mixer I was looking at:

https://www.amazon.ca/Alto-Professio...gateway&sr=8-3

Thanks a lot for your cooperation.
Routing options on those desktop project mixers are essentially non-existent. Besides, the sound quality on that Alto mixer is mediocre. I know, because I owned one for a couple of months after getting it at a fire-sale price.

I know about routing frustrations, though, which is the reason I got a Behringer Ultrazone, a very simple, but, in my case, very useful line mixer. No mic pres, though. Strictly line-level.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Its going to be difficult to get complete flexibility like this in a small desktop.

The old Behringer Eurorack MX1604A and UB1204s did have two output buses and an FX send, although the two buses weren't truly independent: The channel routing was Bus 1/2 OR Bus 3/4. The newer Xenix models got rid of Buss 3/4 altogether.

Also when you says "to output music to a couple 4 ohms speakers " you will need an external amplifer to do that. None of the mixers in this small desktop class have powered speaker outs.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict
The Fame Audio PM 400 Powermixer has 4 mic pre-amps, accepts a cd/line input and contains a 2x75w poweramp to drive speakers. Under a hundred quid.
It's not tiny, but it's not huge either!

Last edited by Scragend; 3 weeks ago at 09:30 PM.. Reason: typo

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search