The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Help me please find a good way to integrate outboard COMP to my ITB setup.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Help me please find a good way to integrate outboard COMP to my ITB setup.

Dear slutz,

My Setup Interface is an Audient ID14 with only 1 stereo-out & 1 stereo-out. I want to integrate an HW comp (Drawmer 1973) and mix through it, but also monitor in the same time. But the ID14 has only one output, so I cannot route the WET comp input back to my monitors through a second output.

So I have different options.

One would be to upgrade my Audient to something with more I/O. But its expensive. Upgrading to a bigger Interface would cost like 600 EUR+ if I choose a reasonable brand (RME or Audient).

Also I could use ASIO4all and at a smaller interface with only 1 stereo i/o and use 2 interface at the same time.

I was also thinking to get something like a very clean outboard mixer and split the signal that comes out OTB-COMP and route one signal to monitoring and the other one to the DAW input.

Any suggestions? My goal is to spare money, but do not degrade my workflow or signal quality significantly. While beeing able to monitor and record back in the same time.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Also I could use ASIO4all and at a smaller interface with only 1 stereo i/o and use 2 interface at the same time.
You cannot use 2 different interfaces at the same time for the same project. The clocking will be off..

The easiest way is to get an audio interface that meets your new needs..

Just upgrade your audio interface to one that has at least 4 outs. I would get one that will meet your needs 2 years form now. So get one with at least 8 outs and 10 inputs, like the MOTU Ultralite hybrid. The best bang for your buck!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search