The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Mackie Logic Control over midi with Focusrite Clarett 8pre? How?
Old 20th June 2019
Mackie Logic Control over midi with Focusrite Clarett 8pre? How?

I am currently using Focusrite Clarett 8pre as my main audio interface and have a yamaha digital piano connected to midi which is used with Logic Pro X.

I saw some guy selling a Mackie Logic Control DAW controller + one 8 channel extender online some days back for about Aussie dollar $400 .
Was thinking about buying it then read that those controllers require separate Midi ports to work.(no usb on them)
That means i would need 2 midi ins and 2 midi outs for both of them to work (controller + extender).

How am i to go about doing this considering i don't want to give up the Yamaha keyboard thats using the midi port on the focusrite?

I am new to midi so may not be seeing the obvious here?

Please help.
Thanks
Old 21st June 2019
Gear Nut

MIDI to USB adaptor?
Old 25th June 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokterrock View Post
MIDI to USB adaptor?
Would i need 2 separate midi to usb cables (one for the mackie control and one for the extender) on 2 different usb ports?

Would this in anyway interfere with the Focusrite midi port and the yamaha keyboard connected to it?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search