The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Noob looking for monitors, but back wall is far away
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Herring View Post
Took a day off and, after a two hour drive (!), had the chance to compare the Adam T5V and T7V, Focal Alpha 50, Kali LP-6 and the JBL 305 (the older ones). Long story short, I didn't like the JBLs, and I don't really know why. They just sounded off to me. The Kali didn't work for me up close, but they sounded amazing when further away. I liked the T5V better than the T7V, their midrange was so sweet. It felt like the was a hole in the T7V's midrange, I don't know how to describe it. The Focals I also really, really liked. After comparing the Alpha 50 with the T5V I couldn't decide, so after coming home I chose the cheapest, which was the Adam T5V. Here's hoping they perform just as well at their new home.

I listened at 1m, and brought mostly Jazz, Jazz Rock, and derivatives and one Ravel CD. Not sure if that's the correct way to test them, but I thought, better to bring something I'm used to listening.

Thanks everyone for your help!
If you're from the Netherlands and don't mind buying used maybe these Genelec 8030's would be a nice alternative! https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/audio-t...reviousPage=lr I Recently bought secondhand Genelec 1030a's and I couldn't be any happier!
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom.S View Post
If you're from the Netherlands and don't mind buying used maybe these Genelec 8030's would be a nice alternative! https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/audio-t...reviousPage=lr I Recently bought secondhand Genelec 1030a's and I couldn't be any happier!
Thanks, Tom, but I've already made my choice as I've stated a couple of posts above (I actually had a chance to listen to some speakers). Thanks for providing an MP link, though, much appreciated!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search