The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Share some Airwindows mixes?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Share some Airwindows mixes?

Hi all. I was wondering if there are any other users of Chris Johnson's excellent and interesting Airwindows plugin line who would want to post/share some of their tracks or albums that they've mixed using Airwindows plugins? There is a lot of discussion between Airwindows users here on GS about what the different plugins are good for and what they do exactly, but I'd be interested to see what final products Airwindows users are getting.

For example, a home-made project I just finished mixing required a somewhat-analog kind of sound, but everything was recorded digitally with pretty low-quality equipment. I ended up using a lot of IronOxideClassic and Capacitor on individual tracks, and ToTape, Capacitor, Spiral2, Slew2, and ADClip7 on every master buss, occasionally NC-17 and/or ToVinyl on the master also. I don't tend to use Airwindows EQs or compressors, although maybe I should.

I wouldn't say that my mixing on this album really represents the clarity and smoothness that's possible with Airwindows stuff, mainly because it's just not that type of album and it's pretty harsh-sounding source material (it's supposed to be I guess). If there is any response to this thread I'll probably go ahead and bounce versions of a couple of these tracks w/o any Airwindows plugins on the master buss, to show how much Slew2 and ToVinyl are helping with the harsh mids/highs on this project. (link: https://timothytodd.bandcamp.com)

But yeah, would love to hear what other people are doing with these tools. Please keep discussion to technicalities and audible differences of Airwindows or Airwindows vs. other stuff, no opinions about peoples' mixing skills or musicianship required.

Apologies if this thread already exists elsewhere, I couldn't find it.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru
Take a look at Post #2 on this thread. Two mixes one Slate and the other AW. Both impressive for completely different reasons....
Airwindows vs the World

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search