The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Digital Mixer or audiointerface 2019
Old 10th June 2019
Here for the gear

Digital Mixer or audiointerface 2019

What is the best way to go today when you want to upgrade from a 2in/2out interface + laptop used at home with my Keyboard setup and currently 2 track recording whole band when rehearsing or doing a live gig.

Have been looking at various 8-16ch interfaces vs Digital Mixer consoles with built in FW/USB interface.

If I look at the cost at buying eg a Presonus Quantum interface + new computer with usb-c/tb connectivity vs getting a Presonus Studiolive 16 for the band, the Mixer solution seems much more feasable as it gets me most the things I want ..

1. Modernising our old Dynachord Power Mixer (wich has always performed great and never let us down) to a more modern mixing console.

2, Being able to record a whole gig on a ssd card and editing it afterwards on the PC

3. Recording 16 ch in the rehearsal studio and having the possibilty of adding extra tracks.

The dedicated audiointerface is obviously more versatile but I would have to upgrade the laptop, as I only have usb3 in my current one, and finding a PC laptop with either firewire or tb interface is quite difficult, and really arent that interested in paying for a MAC and learning a new OS.
Old 11th June 2019
For me, i always prefer an audio interface that can meet all my needs. For you, you have to decide, its all about personnel preferences. What do you prefer?
Old 12th June 2019
Lives for gear

Just did another demo recording (live, pre-production demo for resolving problems could occur during studio time) with Behringer x32 console. What can i say? It is pretty good, it is good enough to make more than demo, yet i’d like to have a more high-grade console to do actual recording due to some small factors i can hear in direct comparison. But really - no actual show-stopping quality problems.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search