The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Reamp with Audient id44
Old 4th June 2019
Here for the gear

Reamp with Audient id44

Hi! I recently purchased an ID44...great sounding unit! I've recorded a few guitars to reamp...I'm stuck at how to set the ID mixer to hear what I'm reamping without having the reamped signal back to the amp...I'm a little confused because it's my first time with this interface. Many Thanx!!!
Old 8th June 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveHawk75 View Post
Hi! I recently purchased an ID44...great sounding unit! I've recorded a few guitars to reamp...I'm stuck at how to set the ID mixer to hear what I'm reamping without having the reamped signal back to the amp...I'm a little confused because it's my first time with this interface. Many Thanx!!!

I've got a response directly from Audient:

"One way to do this will be to route outputs 3 and 4 of the iD44 to DAW THRU from the iD Mixer and use them for reamping. Now as long as outputs 1 and 2 are routed to Main Mix, you will be able to bring the faders for channels Mic 1 and Mic 2 up, which is where the reamped signal will be coming back at, and you will be able to listen to it without sending it to output 3 and 4 again. You will also need to make sure the DAW 3+4 fader is not pulled up, otherwise you will be listening to the version of the signal which still hasn't been reamped as well."

Everything ok, it works
Old 10th June 2019
Here for the gear
Related Question

Hi,

I have a similar question regarding this topic. This is my first time posting so wasn't sure whether to create a new post or add on to this one as it's very related.

I have an iD14 and outputs 3&4 are the headphone out. Would I be correct in thinking I could take the signal from the headphone out (after re-routing to DAW THRU), send it to a reamp box, through the guitar pedal(s) and back into the D.I of the iD14?

Thanks
John
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmagnus View Post
Hi,

I have a similar question regarding this topic. This is my first time posting so wasn't sure whether to create a new post or add on to this one as it's very related.

I have an iD14 and outputs 3&4 are the headphone out. Would I be correct in thinking I could take the signal from the headphone out (after re-routing to DAW THRU), send it to a reamp box, through the guitar pedal(s) and back into the D.I of the iD14?

Thanks
John
I also received advice direct from Audient on this subject which is the following:

"We recommend using the line outputs, as it will sound better compared to using the headphones outputs.

The way you would go about this is to first route outputs 1+2 to DAW THRU from the iD MIxer application.

Next, send the tracks you want to process to one of these two outputs from your DAW.

You should then connect that output of the iD14 into the line inputs of the re-amp box.

After that, you should take the output of the re-amp box and plug it into the guitar pedals you wish to use.

Finally, connect the output of the guitar pedals to the DI input of the iD14. You will then be able to record the signal back in your DAW through input channel 1."
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Hi

I purchased an Audient id44 about three months ago to use with my new MacBook Pro. After about a month of trouble free use, the monitor outputs stopped working: I could see the audio out in Logic, and in the ID software, and the LEDs on the front of the id44 lit up, but there was no sound (yes, I had turned the volume up). There was sound through the headphone output. For a while, switching the audio in/out preferences in Logic to MacBook I/O and then back to id44 would reset it and it would work again for a bit. But then I was doing that multiple times a session, which was annoying and time-consuming. Now that solution doesn't work either.

The Audient help desk guys have been trying to help (deleting plist preferences, apple midi reset, etc), but seem baffled. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?

Aaron

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search