The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Yamaha HS & room size Q
Old 4th May 2019
Gear Head

Yamaha HS & room size Q

Hey, I have a rather odd sized room and am about to buy some new monitors, Yamaha HS seem fine for my purposes but just wondering if anyone could sort of tell me which size version would be best suited to my room? I dont mind getting the sub if I have to either.. room is 2m x 6m. one half of the room, where the desk is, has a ceiling height of 2.3m, then the other half where the speakers are pointed towards has a slight step down on the floor, and a step up on the ceiling for an overall height of 2.7m. One wall gets wider inside the short half of the room too, it sort of steps out about 12cm, so theres a lot going on!

For treatment I just have a bookshelf on the back wall, and an RFZ with rockwool panels on sides/ceiling in front of the desk where I sit (in the short half of the room). I can put a bass trap in one rear corner if needed, but the door is in the other one so I am restricted to one bass trap on the rear wall. I am not sure theres any point treating the front wall behind the speakers as I have enough space to put everything away from it. Any suggestions as to which sized monitors and/or sub combo I should be looking at?
Old 4th May 2019
Gear Head

Should probably mention my current thoughts are to get he h5 and the sub, as if I decide to buy some expensive monitors some day they will probably be in the larger woofer size without the sub, so at least this set could still be useful as a secondary reference point due to the different setups. However I am pretty open to suggestions if theres something about my room that might make this a bad idea. Or perhaps its the best way to go with along thin room anyway? Cheers...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search