The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
E5 + T10 or R65 or E44 or E8
Old 23rd April 2019
Here for the gear

E5 + T10 or R65 or E44 or E8

Hi,

Im looking to get started with some low end gear, im starting with monitors my current options are

Presonus
E5+T10 £515
E8 £380
E44 £460
R65 £540

the R65 is as high as im willing to go

my thoughts are E5+T10 should cover my needs, however am i better off buying better monitors now then at a later date if i feel i need it to add a sub as i have no intention of replacing monitors, i cant afford to get a sub now and may very well not be able to in the future but i thought its worth exploring your opinions so i make the right choice

my main use is going to be making parodies for game communities so i could have any style of music thats well known

i have 1 monitor thats going to have be in a corner near enough up against both walls

its a small room, 3m by 4m with other furniture in it, all solid wood

my plan is to have the monitors connected directly to the pc unless i need an interface? if so ideally cant be the focusrite 2i2 as i have 1 already

thanks for your help
Old 26th April 2019
Here for the gear

iv continued looking
iv been looking at the hs8 but i think they only support balanced input
iv added the KRK to the list with the rp5 g4 and 8" sub brings it £600 more than i wanted to spend but it does have the sub so its all covered
im assuming the KRK sub using unbalanced input can connect to the RP5 G4's balanced input?

im still open to other ideas, if anyone has any input

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search