The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
KRK Rokit G4 reviews?
Old 14th September 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietb4storm View Post
What did you do with the 1029s?

Also, what are your thoughts on the G4 10s?
They are in my garage. I thought about selling them but they are not worth much and I have so many mix memories on those.

The 10s are killer. Best for rocking the room, hip hop, pop. The 7s are great for rock and the 8s are all around great for many nearfield applications.
Old 14th September 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardHeadz View Post
is the 4th gen good to listen hardstyle or hardcore music?? Would you recommend me to buy krk rp7 g4 or krk rp8 g4?? thank you, I'm looking for good monitors to listen hardcore/hardstyle music
I would go with either. The 8s will be louder and have more headroom for you. Most of the pro guys I got using the V Series 4 that do rock and heavy music use the V6s. That would be the RP7 in Rokit.
Old 15th September 2019
Here for the gear
Hey Rich. I send you a message if you can check it out, thanks.
Old 15th September 2019
Here for the gear

Thank you Rich...I’ve ordered the KRK’s but can cancel the order..
I’ve actually been thinking exactly what you said. I think the new gen “ PA” speakers are very flat and accurate and way more durable.
So I’m going with either the K12’s or the mark ll Yamaha.
Old 26th September 2019
Here for the gear

rich, do you have a response curve graph for the RP7 im wanting see at which bass freq the woofers start to drop off so that I can properly set my subwoofets cross over.
Old 2nd October 2019
Gear Maniac

Do you guys think the new 5s are enough when combined with a subwoofer like the Temblor T100 for example?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Just came from the GC... I was hoping to check out Kali 6" speakers but they had none. Just the usual suspects, Yamaha, KRK, Adam, MAudio, JBL so I thought ah what the hell... I had nothing better to do anyway... I don't know their setup settings, they just lined them up on the shelves. Some of 7" and 8" were damaged, some didn't play at all, so I just stuck to comparing 5" models.

I used Bruno Mars 24k as a reference.

I was shocked how (comparatively) bad RP5 sounded. They were actually in the most favorable position (closest to the center on the shelf, ear level) so I could sort of proper triangle listening. RP5 as many noted is not actually 5", more like 3.5-4" or something, I don't know why they call them RP5 (kind of nasty marketing like those, say, 8/8 audio interfaces when they are actually have 4 analog inputs but they also count usb, power or midi ports as "inputs" too). Thick bass, but muddy/dull everything else. It's just a boom speaker, no clarity, no definition anywhere in the spectrum, I was shocked how much I didn't like them. I wouldn't say they were the worst, just bad in a different way from other bad ones they had there. All you notice is "that's a lot of bass for such a weeny tiny speaker!". But that's where the praise ends.

KRKs, seems like, are made for people who make hip-hop or work with other genres of music where it's all just kick, bass and nothing else, maybe some simple hook and clarity/definition/all that stuff doesn't matter. Definitely not for dense arrangements, I couldn't hear anything (relatively speaking) on them. I mean how can you even make 24k sound bad? It even sounds good on my Auratones! They did.

The winners were HS5 by a mile. Adam T5V, Mackie and Maudio (I thin there was Sterling too) didn't sound good at all, imaging was appalling on Adams, I stepped to the side and the sound was gone. HS5 were sitting farthest apart and sounded fantastic from any position (front/back, side to side). 305p were kind of ok, I owned them for a few months, didn't care for them in any way. I also had 306p as my office speakers which I didn't care about much either, they just had better bass (I since gifted them away). I had HS50m before which I swapped for JBLs, I regret that. Strangely I liked HS5 more than HS8 in the store (I have a pair of HS8 as music listening speakers but positioned poorly in the lounge room so they don't sounds their best)

Anyway, this is my highly subjective opinion like everything else when it comes to speakers (I'm sure there will be 100 people who will say I'm crazy and RP5 were the cleanest sounding of the bunch... whatever, these are all just our personal opinions, take them with a grain of salt of course). Disappointed because so much hype about that Kevlar stuff and it doesn't seem to do them any good.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Guitar Center shootouts are always incredibly problematic. I've heard so many blown woofers and tweeters there over the years. The KRK Rokit 5 G4 also have a power cycle issue with the cheap plate amps and digital crossovers in them. I've heard it in a couple pairs. I must turn mine off and on again when I turn them on for the day. Otherwise, they will sound totally wrong and dull. 24 Karat magic sounds fine on my pair. The HS8 is the best built and sounding thing carried in most of their stores.
Old 1 week ago
zez
Gear Nut
I just put in a order for a pair of these. Have read some mixed reviews about them but can´t wait to hear them for my self (main thing I am afraid of is hiss from the class D amps).

I will report back here with my thoughts once they are up and running.
Old 2 days ago
zez
Gear Nut
Ok so my Rokit 5 G4 pair arrived yesterday and I have spent some time to listen to them.

My first impressions are that they sound very balanced and really pleasant to listen to. Coupled with Sonarworks Reference they become pretty damn good.

Bass response is amazing for such a tiny woofer, but that is mostly due to the huge ass front port. These are definitely not high end studio monitors and are lacking a bit of detail/definition in many areas. But considering the price they are pretty amazing. You can definitely mix on these monitors and get good results, no doubt.

I have owned JBL LSR305´s and in my humble opinion these are better in just about every way, apart from imaging where the JBL´s shine because of their waveguide.

Like I said in my previous comment I had some concerns about hiss from the amplifiers as I had read a lot about it. But I can happily say that the hiss from my pair is only audible when you put your ear right up to the tweeter and even just barely.

Overall I am really happy with my purchase and pleasantly surprised with the sound quality from these little boxes, especially considering the Rokit´s bad reputation.

Hopefully this post will help someone out who is considering these monitors!
Old 1 day ago
Gear Addict

And my six month old Rokit 5 G4 just died. Typical.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search