The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Deltalab Effectron JR or the ADM 64 Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 7th April 2019
Here for the gear
Deltalab Effectron JR or the ADM 64

I have a choice between 2 Effectrons the JR 700 or ADM 64

Found a JR 700 model on ebay for $59 and a ADM 64 at guitar center for $84 shipped.

I assume the ADM 64 sounds better also more options, but I don't know for sure.
Which model is the JR 700 based on? does it sound as good just less options?

Opinions welcomed..
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head
Adm 1024

Get the ones w infinite repeat

Also boss de-200 is allegedly sick, never used one tho
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Delta lab was a real big deal back in the 80's. Lexicon was the other big digital effects maker back then.
They were great for PA system so long as you didn't push them too hard and dialed back all the hiss they produced with an EQ.
Don't know how much mileage you'd get from them recording. You may get some retro 80's sounds if the caps in them aren't all dried up and passing noise.
Old units aren't much use once the Cap values drift and pots start to wear out. The pots are all PC mount and its a major pain in the ass to find something that can replace them. They don't usually clean very well either. Many have sealed plastic housings with no way of getting cleaner into them short of drilling a hole in them (which I've done as a tech when I used to repair gear for a living) Hopefully you're will be in decent enough shape to get something useful from them.

I have stacks of rack gear left over from my analog setup. Yamaha, Lexicon, Alesis, Art, Digitec and dozens of others. They can be fun to mess around with but for sound quality, they simply haven't got it. Even new the op amps used for their line preamps weren't that hot and they produced allot of noise. The echoes were either 12 or 16 bit and didn't produce the kind of transparency newer 24 bit effects do. I'd put an inexpensive Behringer Virtualize Pro up against any of those older units when it comes to fidelity, not only because 9its 24bit sound is so much better but because its got 70 different effects you can use which saves space. I can switch from doing voice pitches on one track to adding echo and chorus on another. I still use my Alesis units every so often. they have some unique echoes and verbs. same with my Yamaha unit. Its got some exceptional chorus and the echoe's can be tweaked independently on each channel.

To be honest, I can get all those sounds using a Convolution reverb and when you add in all the losses associated with looping tracks through hardware I can typically do much better choosing a decent impulse file from my extensive library. I have the complete impulse libraries of all the best reverb units and enough echo and LFO plugins to get the same results without breaking a sweat. I suppose I should sell off my older hardware so someone else gets to enjoy it like I did, but its a tough thing to give up after working a lifetime to collect all that gear.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search